Boyfriend or girlfriend was previously the opposite gender?

How would you deal with this after you've been together for years? Anyone can answer but I just thought about this right now. What would you do? How would you respond? Has this ever happened to you before?

Most Helpful Guy

• If we'd been together for years, I would be angry, not because of the sex change but because they'd lied. If they told me from the start, I'd be ok with it.

What Guys Said 3

• I would be very offended if they didn't tell me at the beginning of a relationship. I honestly don't know how I would react if they would tell me up front. I don't think I could be in a romantic relationship with someone who used to me a man, but I could definatly be a friend.

• Do you think she would still want to be friends after being with you for years? Not tryna sound mean just asking

• If we were together for years and they told me, no. I meant if she told me up front I could be a friend. Sorry, I should've worded it better.

• Oh it's fine I just misunderstood what you wanted to say but I think I know what you mean

• Doesn't matter anymore. If I've been with them for years as you've described it should hardly affect me cause they already make me happy.

• I wouldn't care

What Girls Said 2

• I'd learn to deal with it. I would be angry at first because they lied to me instead of being honest upfront. But I'd eventually forgive them because I know that it's a delicate subject. I understand that it's not easy for some people to admit it.

• that's kinda how I would feel too i would be a big shock

• If we are together for years and they dont tell me, they would probably have hidden it to not risk breaking up. they would be holding back information for their own insecurity, showing there is a lack of trust, and that they might be keeping other things from me.

There would be a gap of trust for a while, but I would work on building this trust back up, since i try to be forgiving.

Also, I would much rather be with a lesbian than a person who did an F-to-M medical procedure. Something about mutilation makes me sad.

• I would be happiest if the person I am with is a girl but was a guy, and can still reproduce (froze sperm, for example), since a vital thing i would be looking for is the ability for us to have a biological child in the future.

• I completely understand but it's that specific persons body and honestly no matter what I'd have complete respect for him or her but that's just me haha