Questions for blunt guys or anybody?

I am seeing a blunt guy, who likes to say and joke whatever is on his mind. Although this unpretentious trait is what makes me attacted to him, it is also causing hurtful feelings whenever he made comments on my vulnerabilities. For example, he made comments that he saw my belly flap or tht i am half balding like a professor (im not balding, just that my side hairs are thinner than the rest). Or when he joked how old is my ex. These are all the things that i am not confident of, but trying to cover.

Questions for blunt men or anybody... If he does everything to show that he is interested in pursuing a relationship with me, do i have something to worry about his blunt comments? Is it just my own insecurities surfacing up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is a combination of both. I am pretty blunt but don't usually try to hurt anyone's feelings especially if I am dating them.

You have insecurities, by your own admission. People these days get their feelings hurt really easily. Just ask yourself if his comments are something you can live with for the long term. If not, try talking to him about it. If he doesn't respect that, then you know what to do.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm blunt but there is a time and place for it. Bluntness is fine, brutal honesty is nice, but at times it needs to be kept under wraps and I don't believe character assassination constitutes bluntness or honesty, it's just rude and unnecessary in my opinion,

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend is the same way!
    I would bring it up to him and talk to him how you are feeling. When I brought it up to him he said he didn't realize they were actually hurting my feelings and he meant for them to be a joke. He said he would work on being a little more sensitive towards my feelings. (He has.)
    I think after you bring it up and he continues to not change then possibly look and see about a break up