GIrls: why do you get such enjoyment out of rejecting guys?

It seems like a lot of girls get a great deal of satisfaction from rejecting guys. I hear some of my female friends talk about guys who asked them out, and it's like a notch on their belts to be able to tell the guy no. I think it's an ego trip, and it's sick to get such enjoyment from others' pain.

I've only asked out two girls, and both of them turned me down then told their friends about it. To this day they all seem to have this attitude like they're better than me. I don't get it, how are you better than me just because I wanted to go out with you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well girls feel that they are prettier and desirable by boasting off how many guys asked them out..

What Girls Said 4

• I am a bisexual serial dater who actually HATES rejecting men but
    won't ever fuck or date ANYBODY that I am NOT physically or sexually
    attracted to because of it. The end!

• That doesn't address the question I asked. I didn't ask "why do girls reject guys," I asked "why do girls *enjoy* rejecting guys."

• (smiling)
      Belief is free dude.
      Im not here to convince you or anyone else of anything.

Peace xo

• And self-delusion is complimentary, but it doesn't make the mare go. If you were so besieged by the men of the world you wouldn't have so much time to waste on this website.

• How is sharing this with your friends equal to getting enjoyment out of the rejection?

• Because usually the intent of the sharing is to point out how lame the guy was for thinking he had a chance with the girl.

• I've never told my friends about the guys I've turned down, I don't even know how that conversation would go. To me it's not something my friends should know about, I'd only tell them if I needed advice/help on it.

• that's stupid i always feel guilty when rejecting somebody

• That means you have a conscience. It's a girl's prerogative whether she dates a guy, but a guy asking you out is a compliment, not an insult.

What Guys Said 2

• When I saw this question I was surprised and when I read this I couldn't help but frown, buddy. it's not like because a girl rejected you means she's enjoying it. yes there are girls like that and those kinds are those self important but so do boys. there are also guys who loves playing with girls feelings. not only girls are like that, but all girls are like that. sometimes rejecting is far harder and more hurtful than confessing because to those who are genuine persons, rejecting someone is harder than you would ever thought. those are the kind of person who considers your feeling first before they reject someone because they don't have any romantic feelings for a guy, as I know lying to one's own feelings can be very painful. not all girls are like that buddy, you just fall in love with the wrong girl. the reason I know that not all girls are like that is because I have a little sister and someone had confess to her. she returns home and cried her heart out as she felt bad for the boy that confessed to her. so not all girls are like that, you just fall in love with the wrong person buddy. there are a lot of better girls out there.

• I don't know any of these girls. Sorry you've had trouble with the ladies, not all are bad.