Why guys go for taken cheating girls instead of nice girls?

Okay, so my friends are great people. They are nice and funny and pretty, but they all are taken. Im not, I've always been single.
Guys know they are taken, yet they run after them. One of my friend has been cheating on her boyfriend which I've talked to her about. She said she os going to dump him, she hasn't.

Guys run after these taken ladies. And my friends enjoy the attention. While Im just alone and would be happy to even get one guy.

Why guys do this? Its like you complain about girls going for bad boys, not good guys. But you do the same thing. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• How hot are you compared to your friends?

• Im not hot at all. That is not the point. I get why they dont go dor me but why do they go for taken girls?

• Thanks TorshJohansen! This really helps

• And kambo_trick3y and also kheserthorpe. You guys deserve most helpful. You didn't just aswer this question. I think I understand guys more now.

What Guys Said 11

• It's the same as "Why do girls go for taken cheating guys, instead of nice guys?"

That's actually not really the trend. Girls like more attractive guys, guys like more attractive women. It's as simple as that. Now, you'll also find that a guy's "stock price" goes up a bit if he's Taken. He's got value. It makes him more of an attractive "catch". Most guys & girls are just going to limit it to flirting if the other's taken.

BUT, girls are more Competitive against girls who aren't their friends, than guys are to other guys who aren't their friends. That means less respect, hence, if the guy is attractive and taken, particular girls will step forward and "prove their worth", because if she can get him -- she's worth more than the girl he's seeing.

• These are the bad boys that are looking to get laid. Since the woman is already in a relationship, he doesn't need to worry about her wanting him for more than sex. This is exactly why guys complain about the whole bad boy thing.

There are plenty of guys that want a good girl, but since good guys don't hit on just anything in a skirt, you aren't as likely to be approached by one.

• definetly this

• But these guys have clearly stated to my friends that they have a crush and would like to have an actual relationship with them. Not just sex

• They are shallow and after the girls body. No guy that is serious about finding a relationship is going to go after a girl already in a relationship. These aren't the good guys you would want to be in a relationship with.

• well.. that's just.. not true

• Women love attention and some time it gets in problems, but cheaters are cheaters not bcz of the attention. these guys running after these cheaters or taken girls because simply they DONT want commitment and that what the both parties know the girl and the guy so basically just because both want to get laid. specially it would be better for a guy to run after them bcz they know they will sleep with them and just leave. hold on with you manners bcz you might have the same situation if you get in a relationship you will see some other guys wants but make sure its just for SEX.

• Attraction is important and the reason for girls going for players or "bad boys" they have an attraction to them. Normally they are good looking and what girls are looking for in the terms of looks. Its not right to go off of nothing but looks but its quite common plus if the "bad boy" has game he can manipulate the girl. That being said its the same for guys, they go after what they find attracted to, there has to be some attraction to lure them in, just like girls. Just take care of yourself and I guarantee someone will find you attractive.

• I'd never go for taken cheating girl if I know her reality.

• what I see is that the single girls are the ones who don't know or don't want to show signs of interest n flirt.
    when I talk to a girl who likes casual sex I notice that is way more open for a talk and don't make me feel uncomfortable (in public) whilst talking to her and when I talk to the other type of girl I instantly feel rejected by her body language.
    for me there is no preference but just logical reactions

• Why do girls go for assholes instead do nice guys

• Sex appeal. Your friends apparently have it.

• If im personally ill choose a nice girl, not "a lot" of attention girl like that

• I wrote this about guys, but I think it might apply to girls to: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a7358-on-nice-guys-players

What Girls Said 1

• Chances are if those guys are going for girls who are willing to cheat than they aren't really looking for a serious relationship either. A girl I know always goes for men in relationships but it's not because she wants a relationship with them, she just wants someone to fuck once and a while. It could be true for some of the guys that do that. She knows that there likely won't be a commitment coming from them. She doesn't want to be tied down before she's 30, and usually the men she goes for it's because she hates his girlfriend/wife.