How long before a follow up text/call?

I asked this girl out the other day. she had to check her schedule, told me to text her, we'd figure it out.
I text her the next day, no response. day later, weekend approaching, still no response.

I have very little patience for this sort of waiting game, and i know it, so i try my best to give her the benefit of the doubt and keep my cool. I don't care if she's busy, it happens, there will be other movies, but a response would be nice.

so I ask, how long do you wait before sending a follow up text/call?
i really like this girl. I see her fairly regularly and we're pretty friendly, so I don't want to be annoying with it or make it weird. or is that not a problem at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, there's no such thing as how long... if you're losing patience, tell that to her so she'll make up her mind..
    If she's always busy and doesn't keep in touch with you, it only shows she needs time for herself and she'll get back to you if she have free time and if she's still interested with you.. If you don't like that idea or if you don't like waiting, then tell her how you feel and what you want and don't want... from there, you'll know and feel if she's really the right one and worth it or not...

What Girls Said 4

• I would not text her any more, its so ignorant when people don't respond to a text. No matter how busy a person is they surely can find time to send a quick text to you. If someone does not reply within a few days I would not be getting back in touch, the ball is in their court from then on. Personally I view it a sign of unreliability. Not texting you back, shows you are not a priority to her or one of the things on her mind.

• i would tend to agree, is it ok to call her on it?
      at the same time though, i have a hard time believing that she'd ignore me like that. i'll see her again, and she knows it, so its not like she thought she'd disappear forever. i dont know why i haven't gotten a response to a text she told me to send, but if there's a good reason behind it, i dont want to be mean and blow it completely, ya know?

• Its up to you, but id wait to see if she responds, or wait until you see her again, that way you will know where you stand with her.

• I would text her one more time and if she doesn't respond, I would move on and find someone else. It seems like she's blowing hot and cold so I would give it one more try

• more like hot and warm. whenever we see each other we talk for a while and it always goes great, all smiles and laughs. but whenever it comes time for a date or just to hang out she clams up and its radio silence, nowhere to be found. i appreciate honesty, even if i don't want to hear it. is it out of line to ask her straight up whats going on?

• It's not out of line whatsoever, time is precious and if she doesn't see the relationship going anywhere then she needs to let you know

• I would move on it doesn't seem like she's intersted. She has your number though so if there is another reason why she hasn't responded then she will contact you and tell you.

• She's probably not interested

What Guys Said 2

• I respond when I have the time. Life is too short for these types of games.

• She may not be interested in you