FEMALES: why do you choose the guys you choose to date?

be completely, BRUTALLY HONEST. go anonymous if you feel it necessary.

don't forget to vote. (btw, you get an extra point for voting)

• LOOKS! LOOKS! LOOKS! face and/or body is the MOST important. PLEASE give examples below.
  • Common Interests.
  • social status and/or economic status.
  • HIS OVERALL PERSONALITY. PLEASE give some personality examples below.
  • I'M A GUY.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always go for the guys who stands out and catches my interest in some way. It might be his style, his way of thinking or just an aura. Every guy that I've dated are total opposites (both looks and personality) so I don't go after a special kind of guy. It all goes down to chemistry I guess :)

• same here. the 1 thing every guy I've dated has had in common is their eyes. overall look, style, and personality have all been very different.

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 26

• I chose D.
    I've only ever been in 2 relationships. My first was 5 and a half years long. I fell for him instantly but I didn't think he'd ever like a girl like me. He was skinny and tall and a musician, and I was small and dumpy and a classical musician at the time. But I was wrong (clearly). We had 2 and a half years straight and then became very off and on and what turned into a very mentally abusive relationship. So I was cautious.
    After that I stayed away from relationships. I needed to heal. Some bad things happened to me, but moving on from that, I found myself in a weird scenario. I had found a man who was perfect on paper, and he treated me like a princess, but I wasn't sure if I was attracted to him. He wasn't unattractive, but he treated me so well it felt a little like he could never be my boyfriend. Meanwhile I was crushing on another musician - handsome, younger than me, and as it turns out, an award winning twat like my ex.
    What actually has happened is I'm dating the nice dude. I gave him a chance and I already loved his personality, and I learnt that he had a soft spot in my heart - okay, I wasn't instantly attracted, but I wasn't unattracted and there is a difference. The person I liked I stopped contact with and he has been trying to gain my attention for a few months with not much luck.
    My new dude and me are total opposites interest wise but personality wise we are two peas in a pod and totally different. We're on the same wavelength with each other, but with other people I'm very sensitive and he's very sarcastic. He supports me and I support him.
    He's kind, honest, loyal, faithful, supportive, and adoring with me. He always tries his best, and it's little things like the other night - I have to work 2 jobs, I'm a musician and I'm at college. He noticed I was upset about another full day and night of working so he came into the bedroom and said "I saw you were down so I made you popcorn... and brought wine" It's the little things! <3 xx

• he sounds sweet! (:

• MmmHMMM! Who doesn't? @KeySpirits

• LUV ya to <333

• I can't vote because it is a mixture of all of it.

I first get attracted to looks, obviously. It doesn't take long for me to figure out his personality. I am attracted to strong, confident guys who are not afraid to tell me "no" once in a while. They must have a great sense of humor.

Then the interests... but not sharing a lot of common interests is not a deal breaker for me. I have a full life and expect him to, as well. As long as he doesn't squish baby bunnies under his boot and isn't a serial killer, I am fine. He has lots of time to pursue things I don't share. I will also try to learn about his interests as well.

Socioeconomic factors; all I care about is he is employed and has a working vehicle. Doesn't need to be rich.

So for me, like for most girls I think, it is a combo of things that come in to play when choosing who to date.

• having a car is important to you?

• Yes. I find the guys I date tend to live 45 minutes or greater away (I live rurally) and I have always driven out including out of state relationships where I drove 2.5 hours one way. This year, recently in fact, I realized that I am at a point in my life where I would like to know they can come my way, too. Not that I expect them to all the time, but knowing they can is a huge plus. I don't know that it would be a deal breaker, but it has become a thing for me.

• I guess living rurally it would be a bigger deal.

• The overall package. To be totally honest, looks do matter. But they aren't the most important factor at all, and I'm totally happy with an average-looking dude. Most important is our ability to get along, our agreement on important issues (like kids and marriage, etc), and having at least a few common interests.

• I choose a guy by having a small talk with him and see if it 'clicks'. not sure if that's the correst term in English . There are some things I think are very important. Like, open-minded, positive look on life, someone you can talk to about deeper things and feelings (not that if you try to. do that, he just moves his head and try to change subject) and about looks, I'm not even that picky. Just not overweight, good hygiene and a nice look on his face, but most of the time that goes together with his personality.

• I have fallen in love just once. I will say that the guy was cute but it was never the driving factor for me liking him. As I started to know him better, I realized how compatible our personalities were. We had the same life goals, wanted to enjoy life in the same way and we both were introverts. We were compatible regarding our spirituality as well. I wanted the type of guy who understands life at a deeper level and he was that kind. So, these were the things that made me fall for him.

• At first, of course, I need to be physically attracted to him in some way BUT he doesn't have to be perfect. I just want a guy who takes care of his physical appearance and cares to look good. After, we need to have some common interests/something to talk about. I tend to fall for ambitious (a guy that has goals in life), social (I talk a lot and like guys who do do), funny, respectful guys, et. I find it very attractive when someone has a passion (it can be ANYTHING: a sport, a movie, learning languages, sciences, etc.). I think its the cutest thing how someone's eyes light up as soon as they talk about their passion.

If I found out that I guy likes me (but I had never considered him as boyfriend material before), I would probably give him a chance. I think that everyone deserves a chance. I can't guarantee you though, that all girls are like me.

• The light in someone's eye when they talk about something they're really into gets me too. I start trying to learn as much as I can about that thing.

• I look for a guy who's personality is full of life, interesting, teasing, sweet, and somewhat dominant. I need a guy who can pick on me, love me, be sweet to me, tell me the truth, and yet has a bit of control. I don't know :)

• Basically how I felt when I met him. You know chemistry then if he could hold a conversation, then the interests we had and things we didn't. If you don't share things in common that's okay makes him more interesting. Of course physical attraction is important but that's only a small matter to me. He don't have to make my jaw drop every time I see him.

• To me a relationship is 20% looks 80% personality, simply because, yes, it's true, you actually do need to be physically attracted to someone for a relationship to work, but how do you expect to date someone if you can't even hold a conversation with them, so personality is really big.

• I like the nerd/intellectual guys that are nice to see lol! Not about looks 100% sure in the other personality is neccesary, a must.

• His overall personality. nice, caring, sweet, good sense of humour, compassionate, witty, down to earth

• Goshh,, I love my guy because of the way he acts, the way he talks to me and others, and he's super tall and cute (to me). I love how he sweet talks me, i just melt

• Personality matters the most to me. If you can make me laugh that's pretty much all that matters. Don't get me wrong, looks are important too. I have to at least be a little bit attracted to you, but you don't need to be a young brad pitt to get my attention

• I like artistic, poetic guys. Looks are a factor but its not important

• It's kind of a mixture of all of them. At first glance I may be like "damn he's hot" but if he's just a complete jackass and I feel like he has no soul then he's officially not hot. I may see an average looking guy and get to know him and think "wow, he's kind of a jackass but a nice jackass and an understanding jackass" and be like okay lets see where this goes. I hate to sound like a prick but I hate the guys who are always up your butt, "what are you doing?" I'm doing the same thing I was five minutes ago chill out. I guess it's a compliment but I'm pretty independent and I want a guy who's pretty independent too but still wants me and only me. It's a lot to ask I mostly end up with guys who are annoying af and I try to be nice and then they get overly upset when our relationship of 2 months is ended and tell me they wish they could die... Which brings me to why I'm closing off dating for a while!

• I have dated guys that at first wouldn't have had a shot, but the more I got to know him the more desirable he became. A guys personality can make him attractive and for me that works both ways. A good looking guy can talk his way straight into ugly

• It's a combination of the above tbh haha

• Mixture of B & D & hopefully at least the guy has some A

• Me personally, I like guys that are not nesserly cute but are smart and funny and overall have a great personality. I mean what girl doesn't like a guy you is overall perfect!

• I like guys for there personality and usally looks too guys who are nice funny smart cute

• Well I haven't been with a guy yet but I would choose a mixture of B and D.

Personality - I'm into dudes that are laid back.

• He must be cute, sweet, and smart in equal measure.

• If I find them attractive and I like them.
    Looks, personality, we have to"click".

• Voted E since I don't make a choice based on just one thing.

• I have to vote F because it's the secure talent that matters most to me! Lol

• It could be good, if all of A B C D were at the average

• He as whole, everything counts: personality, looks, status, education, background, diseases...