Do girls judge guys according to ethnic stereotypes?

Like girls don't date Indian guys because of negative stereotypes which most of the time are false and inaccurate. And isn't it selfish to "judge a book by its cover"? Also why are people too lazy to understand different cultures instead of jumping to conclusions about them based on stereotypes i. e assuming all Indian men are ugly creepy rapists which once again is a false and racist stereotype perpetuated by the media.

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually tried to date Indian men, I find they can be irresistibly attractive. The first one I went out with stopped calling out of the blue when I thought things were awesome, the second one canceled our first date and never rescheduled. I then had two more reach out to me on my dating site, share a few conversations, then stop chatting. I am fine and know this was all crazy coincidence, but still...

I am now finished trying to date them but it is due to a stereotype THEY created in me.

• @becca123
      I don't blame you. And unfortunately there are Indian men who do fit the negative stereotypes but most of them come directly from India so their mentality is too traditionalistic and unfortunately it is the ones who do fit the stereotypes that stand out. I come from a multi-cutlural community so I have grown up with different people.

• @becca123
      Oh and I am from Africa my parents are from India hence why I don't fit the stereotype.

What Girls Said 3

• guys do stereotypes too. I am sorry for your frustration but don't give up. I've seena lot of girls hooking up with Indians. actually their a lot of handsome Indian men. you wouldn't want a stereotypical girl anyway because she is most probably shallow or some prefer to date ones who are similar to them because they don't have the energy to deal with cultural differences. hope that helped

• That's your turn to prove they are wrong!

• I do not judge people on stereotypes. But yes, I do have a certain preference in skin color. But it's only because of appearance and not because of stereotypes.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes they do a lot of times