Why did he lose interest in me as soon as I told him I liked him?

I thought these games ended back in highschool. At first I didn't like him and basically showed no interest in him. When he tried to kiss me I pulled away. But as time went on I did end up liking him. When I told him how I felt its like he lost interest. I dont get it!

Most Helpful Girl

• urrgh exactly the same has happened to me before it is so frustrating!! the only thing i can think of is that he was only sexually interested and then when he found out that you liked him back he probably assumed you wanted a relationship (all guys seem to assume all girls want relationships) and so decided it wasn't worth the hastle and you potentially become clingy.. Thats the best i have come up with, for my case as well! it sucks!!

What Guys Said 2

• Time. You let too much time elapse between your rejection of his affections and your declaration of your own.

• Age doesn't cure immaturity but even with that being said maybe all that time of you not being interested made him change his feelings for you. Hope that helps!

What Girls Said 3

• Some guys are all about the chase, sad to say.

• Maybe he was already over you? (because you had told him that you don't like him back) or maybe he's just really immature and not worth it. Guys often lose interest if it's too easy (we, sadly, always want what we can't have)

• Maybe he had already moved on.