Why do guys lie so much, Seriously?

He lies to me, like alot! huge stuff, small stuff he just thinks it's cool or something? Seriously yesterday i was talking with my boyfriend about something important but we were like cuddling down watching a movie waiting for our friends to come over, okay so not important i know but just to make it clear that i wasn't angry at him or anything and i intented to wait for the perfect relaxed moment to talk to him about that thing! Still thou he was like uhh umm then i told him never mind then he was like okay to be honest bla bla blah and he was lying actually might have mentioned that he's parents are divorced which they're not! and no i was talking to him about marrige. His parents live in another country and he actually has no idea that his mother calls me to check on him every once in awhile or i just called her and asked and he was so confused and surprise of why he would say so! Like seriously that not the first time. And i can't talk to him about it because i can't admit how i found out.

I wasn't talking to him*
Sorry. She was so confused*

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife knows everything so I wouldn't even attempt to lie to her. Happy wife happy life!

What Guys Said 5

• This guy acts like a thief. There is a saying - A liar will steal and a thief will murder. If he is lying then he is using you. Women love a bad boy and guys who treat them like crap, so the promise has been made and you are about to be set in stone.

• If i loved bad boys then i wouldn't be that mad about his lying.

• Time to move on from this guy if you think his lying is that much of an issue to you.

• So it was important, but not important, but zomg?

• I didn't even read the details.
    Guys lie only as much as girls, so I hated your question from the beginning.

• If you read the details, you'd understand that i meant why my boyfriend lies a lot. And I dont see the point of your comment?

• Hahaha someone has issues seriously. ;)

• Exactly, you have some issues.

• you, my friend are dating a douche

What Girls Said 3

• If he is a compulsive liar then don't date him. You can't trust him.

• Sadly, couldn't agree more.

• Not all guys are like that, it's something certain boys learn as children and it doesn't ever change, it's pathological and he'll do it will everyone, not just you.

• My brother is a compulsive liar, he lies to everyone and the dumbest shit too. Its an offshoot of "Nice Guy syndrome" a "nice guy" can't admit his faults and human weaknesses and most often than not, doesn't have the social skills to it any other way. So they lie... a lot.

• Everyone lies, not just guys... Maybe, your question should be, "Why does my boyfriend lie so much?" That's just who he is. I guess when he panicks, he feels he should lie to get out of a situation?

• Probably yes, how am i supposed to deal with a person like that!

• Bitchh, don't kill our vibeee. 😒 I'm totally kidding xD But, yeah listen to what he says. I'm probably not the best person to take advice from unless you're like yanno insane 😏 but if you get to the point where you can't take it. Just be like, "I still like you even though you're a liar. And then he'll be like "really?" And then say, "I lied," then walk out like a B. O. S. S ✌

• LOL! you're so funny seriously. xD and yea we were totally joking 🙈 still sounds like a somehow good idea :p

• just have to be with someone who is more effective in communication. guys are less capable than us girls of communicating more fluidly or with the appropriate euphemisms, more often than not.
    thus
    I would feel if you find it extremely stressful to put up with his lying behaviour, why put up with it?

• Maybe because i love him so much? But i dont think it will work if he stays like that.,

• sometimes love blinds us. cliche I know. well if you're asking questions now, I would just sit down and see the pros and cons. I don't believe in lies in my relationships but my personality is blunt and sincere , therefore, the guy I'm with, I don't appreciate any non-transparency