Girls and guys, could you date someone who was socially awkward?

Would you go out with a person who lacks some social skills and is kinda awkward? Why or why not?

• Yes, i could
  • No, i could not
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends how awkward. If this guy were so awkward that he's uncomfortable with going out to eat together or hanging out with my friends, it might be an issue. If he's awkward as in is pretty quirky and likes to go against the grain a bit in some circumstances, that's fine. I actually find guys who are a bit socially awkward or lacking in social skills kind of endearing.

As long as they feel comfortable around me, of course. :)

What Girls Said 7

• It depends. I know a lot of people with varying levels of social awkwardness. Some people know how to get over it to an extent and still be moderately sociable which I can easily deal with. The most important thing to me is that despite one's social awkwardness they're still willing and able to go out and have a good time, because I'm a social person that likes getting out so it wouldn't really work if I was with someone who was socially awkward to the point of being completely withdrawn and not liking to be around other people.

• It would depend. If it's to the point that he can't even form eye contact and smile or says nothing at all while I'm the only one talking then it would be impossible forming a relationship with that person. If he's just kind of shy but still makes an effort in getting to know me better, it's ok.

• I think its cute, awkward boys seem so genuine to me. Anytime a guy is themselves around me is just the cutest.

• I love socially awkward boys. Up until im the only one who is talking

• It depends

• I think maybe cute shy guys

• i would because i myself is socially awkward so why won't i?

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah I think I could as long as she wasn't socially awkward with me. People need to communicate and shit ;)

• I sure hope so cause I am socially awkward. I mean I can maintain eye contact to some extent and exchange a greeting of some sort but unless I have a reason to talk to you ( I need something) or we have something in common I make it super freaking awkward to the point where if I don't know the girl I won't talk to her at all.

• Yeah I would. I don't mind if a girl is introverted, socially awkward or shy. As long as she isn't ASPD.

I'm socially awkward myself but I'm far from being shy or lacking confidence haha. That's like the biggest misconception that people have about socially awkward/introverted people.

• Possibly it depends, I'm a little bit socially awkward around people my own age. But I am perfectly comfortable around older people like 50-90 years old I enjoy their company and wisdom.

• It depends. I used to be really social and now prefer to go solo on a lot of stuff, but it would depend on the girl.

• depend like how?

• ok so if you're out on these adventures and you talk to strangers but she isn't talking, think that would be a bad sign for you?

• Yes, it would be.

• I could and I would

• I voted Yes, but I guess it depends on the type of awkwardness.

If she's blatantly rude to other people, then that'd be a no-go. If she's just a little quirky, then I'd tell her to take a number and get in line! :-)

• It depends. If she's down to fck, then I'd do it and leave.

• depends... how do define socially awkward?

• guys are more forgiving of this than girls are no doubt