Is it weird that I went back in to leave a tip?

I was on a date. We went out to dinner. It went well and everything. It ends, and I offer to split it, because I honestly have no problem with that, but he insists he's got it. I thank him, and we leave. It's just once we were outside he got quiet and I asked what's wrong, he was like "It's nothing. I just feel bad, I forgot to leave a tip." I told him that's okay, we can still go back in, but it seemed like he just wanted to head out of there. He wasn't going to go back in...

So, maybe it was weird, but I couldn't just leave it like that. I've never not tipped before, and the waitress was super sweet. I said I can do it real quick, I'll just be a minute and went back inside, to our table and left a good tip for her. I felt better doing that, but he seemed a little off after that. I didn't hold it against him or anything, it seemed like an honest mistake, but I didn't want to leave without giving her something. Did I make a mistake?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you made a mistake. Tipping waitstaff is the right thing to do. Not sure why he reacted the way he did, maybe he was embarrassed that you made the effort when he didn't. But if he doesn't like that you tipped the waitress, maybe that says something about his character.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• No, I don't think you made a mistake. This small... "misunderstood" can't ruin a relationship, at least it shouldn't.

• You didn't but he did, you are very mature to have done that, many people would be like next time

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!