How do you guys feel about long distance relationships? can they work? why or why not?

I had a discussion about this with a friend. Can two people that live miles apart have a genuine connection?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it possible? Yes. Is it hard? Absolutely. Is it worth it? Well that's up to you and your girl.
    It all depends on the factors involved and if you and your girlfriend stand on common ground. Is the distance permanent? Is it just for a couple months? A year? How do you plan to communicate? Will you be able to see each other at all? Are you starting your relationship long distance? Have y'all been dating awhile, or just for a few weeks/months?
    That all plays into the bondage of your relationship and whether y'all are close enough to keep going. But also if you want to. Sometimes, even though you are both into each other, its best to split ways. Other times, if you both feel the relationship is worth still pursuing, distance can be good. It tests your communication skills and patience. Distance helps the heart grow founder, because in this case, you're building your relationship more off of an emotional intimacy, than a physical one.
    Distance may also be the reason you and your girl break up. Sometimes distance gives each other the chance to breathe and really see if your life is meant to be with this person. Sometimes the space helps one or both of you realize that there are better things down the road and the relationship you're currently in, isn't it. Good luck to you, hope you figure it out

What Girls Said 1

• I was in one long time ago they could be very difficult due to the lack of physical contact but its very compensating in other ways; communication is better and the bond gets stronger due to trust and the quality of communication.. Sometime LDR are the best..

What Guys Said 2

• I hope so that is what me and my gf have.

• I am in a LDR currently. They are difficult at times, but can work out if you are both committed.