Why do exes become so mean to each other?

This guy... when we both started dating we were both such sweet people. I swear he was kind and I was too but towards the end of the relationship we became horrible and even to this day I hate him. I don't know why I feel like he just made me into a horrible person and I did the same to him.

Why does it have to be like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its because its easier to hate the one you gave your everything to, then to try to understand all theyve taught or given you.
    I don't hate any of my exes, I'd help them if they needed me.

• I hate him and I know he hates me too but we still have feelings for each other if that makes sense. I run into him in college all the time and we both act like strangers but there are those single moments where we will catch each other's eyes and for that very moment I remember the man that I loved... and then I go back to hating him because he turned me into a bitter bitch and i brought the worst out of him too.

• Well, when you think about it, do you agree on everything everyone says or do/does (whatever)? Same goes for your exes or relationships, things happen. Doesn't makeup the whole picture, you still think it's beautiful regardless of some mishaps and such.

What Guys Said 1

• 'Cause your expectations came down like a roof on your heads. Rubble don't fix itself

What Girls Said 1

• It's a defense mechanism to protect you from further emotional pain.

• I guess so and I guess before I met him I hadn't been hurt before so I was so naive and innocent. I don't think I will ever get that back sadly.

• It's just a part of what most people have to go through. Just take what you've learned, and apply it to your next relationship.