Why I always like assholes?

I want a serious relationship but it's so hard because I always end up falling for the douchebags. No matter how hard that I try, I just can't get myself to like the super nice guys who try too hard it turns me off. I always go after guys who initiate interest first, but somehow I always fall for the players and I don't know why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I find that most girls attracted to asshole guys always want to try and change him so they can go back to all their friends and claim how special they are and how different the guy now is "because of her." These girls then get used and the guy in the end gets to sit at the bar table and brag about all the phrases that she shouted in bed with him last night.

What Guys Said 12

• they have traits that make them seem superior to you, the alpha male thing is some shit deep down your brain. the guys you look for give you the vibe that you are inferior to them and actually just a puppy and they are the owner of it.

• because they make you think about them. Assholes/douchebags are selfish and won't tell you everything about them so it makes mysterious and women like mysterious men. Exact opposite of what nice guys do, they give you the whole package and may even tell you all their secrets in just one setting, making themselves not mysterious. Kinda like a book that it's story has been spoiled to you, you'd read it anyway but may not finish it because you already know what it is all about and how will it end.

• Well, generally speaking, in the law of attraction, like attracts like. Opposites actually do not attract, they repel.

So...

If you find that you're constantly attracted to assholes...

Then you might look in the mirror and have the stark realization that...

• Have a kid with a douchebag and be a single mom. Please dont wrap a good guy up in a bad marriage later.

• Could it be because you're a damaged person? I find damaged people will often target and chase other damaged people.

• By damaged you mean? Maybe. You may be right

• It's a cold world I stay warm inside her

• Cool story mate.

I hope the pre-sequel to this epic adventure is released shortly.

• Because deep down you want to change him. You want to be so desirable that he changes for you and only you. Also all guys are douches in the end.

• It's natural to be confused, Confusedpoop.

• Cause those douchebags are bad boys, and bad boys are attractive.

• nothing wrong with that...

• It's what you think you deserve.

• This is the problem that a lot of women have. You need an alpha that isn't afraid to put you in your place, but also takes care of you so you don't get mistreated. This is a natural desire for most women. This is also why the very idea of a 50/50 relationship is ridiculous. Currently good men are not being raised to act like a leader, but instead like a doormat. Which only leaves the assholes, that won't turn you off by acting like a weakling.

• You find the smell of them alluring

What Girls Said 6

• try going for confident guys instead of bad guys, theirs a significant difference :)

• they are smooth talkers and you like to get showered with compliments because you're insecure. that's my guess for why you fall for the players

• The thing about most assholes is that they have confidence. Confidence is one of the major turn-ons for many people. Just try to find someone in between; there is more that just douchebags and clingy nice guys. Get to know other people that you may not have talked to before and be adventurous :)

• Where do you usually meet guys? Bars? Clubs? Maybe you need to try a different location.

• I met guys who claimed to be nice guys and turned out to be douche bags toward the end of the relationship. I'm not sure why guys assume that only attractive men are players and a douchebag. I met fat guys who were douchebags and I met guys who were unattractive on the outside and the inside

• even the ones you think are nice, the ones trying too hard, turn out to be assholes in the end. try going for a guy thats a little confidence but not full of himself or too into you.