How to stop liking girls?

I get rejected so much it's gotten to a point that I get depressed when I start having feelings for a girl, because I know I'll be turned down, so, how do I stop liking them altogether? Also, please don't say turn gay, that's technically impossible.

And before the regulars come to harass me, no, I can't get medication for my depression (my parents won't let me), and I haven't seen my useless therapist in a month.

Most Helpful Guy

• The real question is why are you getting turned down? You have said in your description you are an introverted loaner. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Now to be clear, i am not saying there is anything wrong with who you are and that you are introverted and tend to be a loaner. I can be that way at times. a lot of people can be that way. That said, perhaps because of this girls aren't seeing you for who you are. If you are quiet and tend to shy away from others, then perhaps you aren't giving them a chance to see how you think and feel and what you have to offer. All they see is "empty" even though that isn't true. And if all they see is "empty" why do they want to pursue that? So if this is true, perhaps you need to find a way to let girls get to know you a bit more before you ask them out.

I know i am making some big assumptions here, so please forgive me if I am wrong. I am mainly trying to give you some things to think about that might help.

• Well, my friend thinks I'm a social butterfly, I'm just always friendzoned and, while I'm social on the outside, I'm the opposite on the inside, on the inside I can be totally psychotic or really calm and kind, though, either one I idealize suicide frequently.

• But, why are they all so much more happy than I am? Why can ye find reasons to love themselves, but I can only find reasons to hate myself?

• Some of them aren't happy... but they hide it like you. And some of them are just very shallow and don't ever think. Introspection is a blessing and a curse, just like shallowness.

The blessing for shallowness is that they never think about anything, just float through life. The curse is that they never improve and never find anything deep. It is the opposite for introspection. You can think through everything and overthink many things, but you can find deep meaning too.

What Girls Said 3

• Not liking girls won't take away the feeling of rejection, there is other things in life that require effort for acceptance ex:college, work etc.. you have to work on you self, try to stay focused on yourself for a while until you feel you can be resilient and bounce back from things like rejection. Plus rejection is apart of life it happens to the best of us. (Even the cool attractive people)

• I get rejected more than them, I feel like I only get rejected, which is why I have to learn to stop loving. See, in regards to college, I gave up on my dream college a long time ago, and, I don't know about work.

• You can't ever stop loving. Silly, thats what we're here for to love and leave our everlasting mark on something or someone. How do you go about getting to know a girl? Why do you think you get rejected?

• I often think that we cannot force ourselves to like or dislike someone. It just happens you know... In my opinion, we cannot fight biology.

Now, after reading others' comments and your replies to them, I feel like you have to learn to love yourself first before you think about possibilities of having a relationship with someone.

• When you try to stop liking girls you will like them much more in reality.

• So my only option is to die?

• Well, this reality is cruel, why not escape it?

• because i wonder how i can get in deeper in lifeand :) And ireally wonder whether i will have good life in future. Although i have a chance in future , if ı die now, it ruins everything. In any case we will die. It doesn't matter now or tomorrow

What Guys Said 5

• Lust is something that affects everyone and its more than just a desire to reproduce. It's strongly connected to our craving for intimacy and affection, the latter being the real source of our pain. Only a true sense of happiness can make life worth living; a kind of happiness that is simply independent of the conditions that the outside world imposes on us.

• Im not quite sure what you expect people to say here, if you don't want to become gay. I mean you have basically just admitted that it is technically impossible for you to stop liking girls. I wish I too could not like them. For I too have terrible skills with them.

• been there done that. This is why I work a full time job, and volunteer with 3 different organizations, I work too much to even bother or worry

• friendzone them, that helped me. don't look at the so often when you talk to them, just keep a cool mind.

• I used to be similar to you. My insecurities prevented me from approaching women, but instead of being depressed, I radiated contempt and hatred towards everyone I didn't know personally. It took years of therapy and counseling to get over it. The most you could do is reduce your libido through medications, but you won't be able to completely stop being attracted to women.

• I have too, I'm developing an intense hatred for everyone and everything, except, it's also becoming a deep hatred for life itself, hence my depression.