Girls, how long between meeting a guy and being asked out?

How long do you typically like between meeting a guy and him asking you out? 30 seconds? A few hours? Days? Months?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't ask me out within a few days, if not same day, you're probably not going to at all. Some of these guys are in relationships and want a girl they can flirt with or just wanna feel cool by having constant female attn. I just quit texting those guys.

• Thanks to everyone for contributing. I waited too long last time and wanted to see what is the norm.

What Girls Said 52

• Anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months. If he doesn't ask me out by then, then I'm moving on. 2 months is really pushing it, but I would rather get to know him for a little while and become friends within that time before we date. If he takes anything longer than 2 months I will most likely be into someone else by then. I don't like getting upset over guys so instead I just don't get too attached. I get attached enough where I can see something happening, but not so attached that I'm only looking at him as a potential date.

• I want to get to know the guy before we date, I don't want nerves to get to me because maybe he won't like me. If we start off getting to know each other before an official date, well my mind will be at ease, and I'll know that this guy already likes me and he took the time to get to know me as a person before asking me out.

• A few weeks. What I am discovering in my own life is if someone hasn't made a move within a few weeks my brain pushes them to friend zone, and that's where they stay.

• I think it depends on how/where you met her and how well you hit it off. If you both flirted back and forth, talked awhile, whatever, you could prob ask her for her number or even ask her out that night. I would at least get the girl's number first if you don't want to ask her out. Talk to her for a couple days to try to ascertain if she's interested, then ask her out.

• Within the day, if she is into you she will say yes, and if she is not into you, she will say no and you can move on

• It took me almost 8 months to ask my boyfriend out. I liked getting to know him during that time. 8 months is a bit long but I'd still want to know the guy for at least a month or two.

• Wow, you had to ask him out?

• Even though waiting paid off for my guy sometimes it's just painful and not worth it. If it starts hurting you don't stick around for long :/

• Yeah I'm still having fun at this point. But it she makes it clear that the two of them are anything more serious then I'm gone lol

• a few months. you don't want to go into things to fast. you barely know this girl for all you know she is discussing or a thief…

• A few months? really? If I meet someone online I will chat with them 1 or 2 days then I want to meet. Once, very early on in the dating process, i texted with someone 2 weeks. on paper we were great. then we met and she was "I just don't feel it". which is just bullshit, but whatever. point is it was a complete waste of time. I don't get into long texting before meeting anymore. If they don't want to meet right away I move on...

• Well that's different I thought you meant ask out as your girl friend. In that case I would ask her on a date as soon as possible you don't want to put all thie energy texting her and calling her then you meet her in person and it's a total disaster.

• Several months. I don't like to be asked out by strangers. I would rather be friends with someone and know they're not just asking me on a date solely because they think I'm pretty.

• It really depends. But I've never really been asked out before and I'm a shy person, so maybe when that person and i get more comfortable with each other and i actually know that he likes me back then yeah. So maybe a few weeks or a few months.. depending.

• That's crazy that you've never been asked out before. And I say that in a good way... I mean I just find it ridiculous.

• Why do you find it ridiculous? I guess I don't really put myself out there or I don't attract the guys I come across, i've sort of accepted it really hahah..

• me personally, I tell the guy right up front... I will not text more than a week unless we meet up and have a first date... unfortunately, some guys and I guess some women are cronic texters with no intention to meet up. I did that too many times and now I have the limit... most guys are just looking to get their nuts off via text and it could go on indefinitely. so I say ciao to them...

• Maybe a month , well for me that is... Wanna get to know a little about him

• Do you mean ask you out on a date or ask you to be exclusive? if it is a date I would want to hear from him asap and him to ask me within 48 hours of that. If you mean a relationship at least two months from when we started dating. possibly more

• The last time I was asked out was a couple weeks ago and he asked within 5 minutes of us meeting. I don't ever accept a date without knowing them or know of them, it's just weird to me otherwise :P

• Most men ask me out after 30 minutes.
    Myself a "cut to the chase person" I respect and admire this :)

• Now we have cellphones so it's way easier to talk and get to know each other before he or she asks for a date that way you both know topics that interest both of you so the date doesn't fall on its ass XP

• You have to get to know eachother first so hangout a few times. That would take like 2-4 weeks depending on how well you know eachother already. Although, you can go without labels if you want

• they will at least propose a date idea within thst meeting.

• You mean ask out as in a date or as to be his girlfriend?

• I am Asian and if you ask me for 5 second, I would get f*&^Ked and never see you again. YOu want your own race anyway.

• 30 secs looool

Um, depends how much I'm into him from the get-go. If I really like him, then a few days. If I'm on the edge, at least a month.

• I don not believe you can put a time on that. It depends on how well you both react with each other. If it is a truly unique relationship, one that you both hit it off well, as soon as possible. If time is needed to build a relationship, then you will know when.

• It really depends on the guy

• long enough to feel like you really know him. but not years, because you still want to be surprised by little things.

• How are you gonna get to know the guy when you haven't been out with him?

• oh, I thought you meant being in a relationship. it shouldn't take long to ask someone out just on a date. as long as you can keep a conversation without it being awkward.

• Whenever you feel comfortable with her and won't feel awkward asking her out, then I think that's the right time.

• I wouldn't date him if he waited an entire month to ask me out lol I'd be long gone by then. I'd say a week is the longest.

• within a few hours if he is keen

• Always depends on the person

• it would take a month for me if I really like him and want to be with him

• For me it tooks 2 or 3 months, i can't trust boys in some weeks

• I wouldn't know but I would say maybe after a couple hours to a couple days.

• More from Girls
    22

What Guys Said 8

• I definitely would not wait several weeks before asking a girl out. Sometimes I ask them out the first or second time I see them.

I've never really understood some people saying "well, I need to get to know him before I go out." Dammit, that's why I'm asking you out. To get to know you.

• Lol, I love your response!

• Yeah exactly why I wanted to get opinions on this. I've had that exact same response "I need to get to know you" which makes no sense

• For real. I guess some women think "He's going to take me out to dinner and get me drunk." But I think they should at least wait until I actually mention 'dinner' to voice their concerns.

• Lets just go ahead and state that even if you dont know what your doing and you screw it up, there will always be a second chance with someone new. With that being said, learn to read her body language. Body language is 55% of communication, 38% is tone of voice and the last 7% is verbal. Know the signs, read into what she is saying. She will let you know. You'll still be second guessing yourself, double check what you think she is saying. Give it time. You should have a pretty good idea of how she feels about you. At this point tell her that you really like her. Open up to her. Even if the chemistry is flowing, hormones go crazy. Take it slow, dont rush anything. The undivided attention during the lustful infatuation stage of a relationship is sure to fade. My general rule of thumb with this situation is that Relationships aren't defined by the words spoken. Its the unspoken interaction that defines a relationship. Forget about titles, in the end titles die, emotional connections remain. Meaning... if she is into you, you'll know. no need to rush to label anything.

• I ask them immediately. Only been rejected three times. Once recently hasn't happened in seven years so I asked her again like a fool because I thought ahe didn't her me.

• Great question.

• You can't define a periode of time to when to ask her out, it just comes out natural and you know that now its the right time fo do it , maybe its the first you meet her or after a couple of months

• immediately

• Maybe a month or two.

• I can't believe women place so much importance on the length of time, It takes me a solid week to figure out if I like her enough to even want to keep talking to her, let alone ask her out.