Is 14 years a gap between lovers?

i love someone who is bigger than me 14 years old. he is always worried about that. Is it too big gap?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. Based on the Ruth/Boaz model, 14 year gap isn't a problem. However, in this feminist, thow-away era when the universe is "old" after every decade, I don't know if a year gap is a social norm any more. I have idea. I don't have a problem with it, but the girls run this circus these days and invent new rules faster than congress can spend a budget surplus. Ask them. I gave up at 23. How would I know? I'm the patriarchy.

• Ruth/Boaz is 2500 yr old stuff, the time when people were old at 30 and girls died giving birth.
      Stay real, pease.

• Well, accordingly to Moses, the average life span then was 70-80 years for a man, or in other words, exactly what it is today. What I'm saying is that Boaz would have seemed exactly as "old" to Ruth as a man in his 40s would seem to a 20 something woman today.

So... "stay real, please" :-)

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away." -- Psalm 90:10

Then Boaz said, “Blessed are you of the LORD, my daughter. For you have shown more grace at the end than at the beginning, in that you did not go after young men, whether poor or rich. And now, my daughter, do not fear. I will do for you all that you request, for all the people of my town know that you are a virtuous woman.” -- Ruth 3:10-11

It was viewed even then as rather bizarre to have such a gap in age. It is rue to the Biblical tradition of defying conventions.

What Guys Said 4

• If the girl is 12 and the guy is 26, its a horror. If the guy is 44 and the girl is 30, it's her choice. If the girl is 50 and the guy is 64 it's OK. Do you see see the difference?

• If you are 18 or younger, it is probably not a good idea. The older you get, the less it will matter.

• absolutely not. if you are attracted to each other then go for it

• No it sucks :( Im 34 and my GF is 20, we went to a bar and people were accusing me of being a pedo all the time :( It completly spoiled our 10th anniversary

What Girls Said 3

• Only the two lovers can decide.

I don't believe in age gaps, personally,

• Not if one is that much younger.

• Only the two lovers can decide.
      Then it's the oldest (who's 34 or so) who'll decide for the youngest (who's only 18 or so). Unfair age advantage.

• Oh yeh that's a major gap

• My parents are 14 years apart.