Am I the only girl who doesn't want to get married or have kids?

I don't see the hype about it. I will gladly be 35 and single with my dog. I don't get the whole "forever alone thing" either.

I don't see why people want to bring up kids in this world... it's such a fucked up world to begin with and also once you have kids your entire life is almost over and the thought of spending the rest of my life with the same person just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Anyone else think this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think about this from my grandma's point of view. she's in her 80s now... but she's having the time of her life. she was married very young to a wonderful husband, albeit a bit strict. she had 6 children with him. her husband died pretty early, but most of her kids were already married and had their own jobs and families by that point. whenever she comes to the states, she has 6 homes she can go to, 6 families to stay with as long as she likes. and when she gets tired of the cold weather, she goes back to her home country where she's pretty much the boss :p she has her own household, her own servants, a little farm, chickens, cows, and goats... and she just bosses everyone around. and she loves being connected to all of her relatives there as well as in the U. S. i can't imagine not having that network, not trying to create family ties like that.

i agree that the world today is not what it was 50-60 years ago. i know that there are some sick people out there, that you can't protect your kids from every danger out there. but that doesn't mean that we all should just... stop bringing life into this world. there are bad things here but really wonderful things too. i just think my generation is extremely fixated on sex, physical attractiveness, fame, and wealth. it's ridiculous. when i talk to my grandma about things that worry me, she laughs at me and tells me that i haven't even begun to live yet because i don't have a man and i don't have my own children. and while that is an antiquated, somewhat close-minded statement to make, i don't think she's entirely wrong. having a life partner and literally putting together your child is -bound- to change you. hopefully for the better. it helps put things into perspective.

despite all that, no, you definitely are not the only girl who doesn't want to get married or have kids. sometimes i feel that way too. but mainly out of anger when i see the kind of guys around me, how they treat women, how women let themselves

• be treated, how horrible some women are to their guys, how often marriages end. it's all so disheartening.

• I really like this opinion. It feels very genuine :)

• Thanks, it is :) @funkipunk

What Guys Said 10

• It is different per woman. Some like you don't want either. Some get married but want no kids. The ones who want both though from what I notice can be very fixated on it and will rush it. I think it id because they feel like they'll miss their chance it they don't when they are young.

• Out of over 3 billion women I doubt you're the only one who doesn't want to have kids or get married.

• the answer to every question that starts with "am i the only..." is no. xD i wouldn´t mind having no kids but i sure would mind being forever alone... this just sucks.

• I am sure there are other women out there like you, but this not wanting to have kids or get married is more common with guys I can tell you that right now.

• I often get told I think like a guy so im not surprised lol

• Haha lol don't worry about it I have some feminine features too, but I don't let it get to me.

• Oh trust me I am super girly, just not I'm not very emotional and don't get attached to guys easily and don't have life dreams like getting married like most girls do :)

• Children are the most beautiful things on the planet, nothing makes my heart flutter more than when a young child wraps their arms around me and embraces me in a hug. I for one want to have children, and want to raise children of both genders, so who knows how many I will have haha.

• If I see you when you are 35, the answer I'll give you is no.

• Funny how I am a guy and I totally want to get married and have kids xD
    I think it's normal dwai

• My kids are the best thing in life for me, and i have a lot. In my early 20s though i didn't care about kids. It hit me when my first was anle to talk. Awesome! Best thing ever as they grew up. You will be missing out, seriously.

• People don't have ugly faces. They just do not poses style/good hygienic habits. Anyone who takes 10 minutes to wash their face and fix their hair will have an average complexion. However a body, that takes years of dedication to sculpt.

• My bad, I was answering some other question and I guess I somehow got directed to this page by accident. Lols srry for the irrelevant statement.

• And no, your philosophy sounds fine as long as your happy with it. I mean its people like you who are saving the world from overpopulation.

• I like a girl who has the same sort of wants... problem is, I'll never get her. Why? She's well... not exactly right for me

What Girls Said 8

• I completely agree on the "no kids" thing. There's no way I'm giving birth and adoption isn't better. I'll have to raise and take care that kid for its entire life. Yikes!

Getting married one day might be nice. A marriage ceremony would be an interesting experience, Just means I have someone to come home to every day (and since I won't have kids, if divorce happens it wouldn't be so bad).

• I personally want to get married because that's someone who you can trust to be there for you. They'll have your back through thick and thin. You can turn to them and they'll listen. As for kids I want to have a family because this world might be messed up but your only on this earth once. Live it how you want to. I want to raise a family and live a happy life. Have grandchildren. That's how I want it but I have a family friend who never had kids. She is married but there like friends half the time.

• no you are not alone
    i am with u :D

• I'm the same... def don't want either

• You are not the only girl. I Agree with you :)

• I agree girl!!! I want to spend my money on cars, clothes, vacations etc
    I want to have a stress free life

• Same and just date whoever I want without being tied down... it just seems so boring.

• Funny! I have all you mentioned and plus much, much more but my children are the best part of my life. Do what you want but i think you just don't understand. I wouldn't trade anything for them including my life.

• Good for you. I still don't want kids

• no, but it seems like a boring existence to me. just staying the same forever.

• what getting married or staying single?

• I down voted but misunderstood. I am with you Pippil and this is someone speaking from experience.

• I see where you are coming from I think in general I am okay with being myself so maybe that's why I don;t have that fear.

• I'm with you 100%