How to stop feeling like shit when a guy loses interest?

there's this guy who liked me (or so I thought) and I liked him. I showed him my bad side, everyone has one, my bad side is when i get drunk to avoid my problems. I do not do it often!

but It's just not good and i'm sure that freaked him out. I don't get mean when I drink, I'm just not the same person, I get ovely emotional and needy. And I think that turned him off, and I wouldn't blame him. I must have told him a lot of things that I normally wouldn't have, but I don't know because I blacked out. I can't stop thinking that if I went back in time and be on my best behavior, he would still want to keep in contact with me.

How do I stop beating myself up about this? I feel so embarrassed and stupid. He definitely lost interest, and my self esteem is in pieces, I don't know what to do.

Did he not really like me in the first place if he stopped liking me because of one thing? I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• All I see here is assumption. For all you know, he probably didn't even notice you while drunk. All you can do is hit the reset button and approach him when you are sober. If he brings up details about that time, NOW you know, they you can choose your next course of action. Play it off as a joke, or keep beating yourself up. You assumed he liked you, now you are assuming he doesn't or is turned off. You haven't given any facts as to if any of that is actually true.

• We were hooking up for a couple months.. he said he liked me, every time we hung out he would tell me. But I don't know the extent of his 'like' for me lol

• Of equally being important to eachother

• I don't believe you. I believe you push past 50... just me being honest.

What Guys Said 1

• maybe it now depends on what you told him. maybe you said hurtful things while drunk

• I hope not.. I remember after that party we made out in the car. I was the one who made the move and it was pretty intense (he reciprocated). We've kissed many times before that, but I don't know if I was annoying him because he wasn't as drunk as me.

• Like in the middle and towards the end. I remember spots of making out with him, it's a little fuzzy.

• If he kissed me, I don't know what that would indicate? But I probably forced myself on him.

What Girls Said 3

• Unfortunately if his interest wavered that easily there is little you can do other than apologise (which I assume you already did) and move on. If he likes you he will come back when he is over it. If he doesn't he's not worth worrying about. Everyone makes mistakes and on the scale of things yours wasn't that big a deal so if he walked away for that he is not worth your time or energy

• He hates you

• I never thought I'd actually use this overly used Marilyn Monroe quote but.. here ya go..

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Seriously though, he was a fair weather friend.. Who needs em'? Dees dudes ain't loyal *shakes head*

• True, I made sure I was always 100% myself with him, because I want someone to like me for me. and if he doesn't like me because of a mistake, then he's not worth it. Thanks :)

• I've seen that... thats funny.

• Keep being who you are :)