How long to wait before having sex with your new bf/gf?

After you two spend some time dating and that now you're officially together (bf/gf), how long do you wait to have sex? We're not virgins anymore I'm 20 he's 24. Like a few weeks? A month? 6 months? or what? I don't want to take things too fast yet not too slow either...

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no set amount of time. IF you wana do it now, don't hold back. Just do it. Do you know why a lot of relationships fail? because of questions like ^^that^^. you try to control everything, instead of just DOING it. If you wana pork his brains out now, just do it, if you want to do it 3 years later, sure (doubt he will still be around) but sure. when you start trying to find some mid ground or some "right" way or "right" time, thats when everything falls to hell. If he really likes YOU, it doesn't matter WHEN you have sex, he'll just be happy he can reach that level of intimacy with you.

What Guys Said 2

• It's normally somewhere between a day and a week. I don't think it ever got past 2 weeks, and there were reasons for that.

• Are you sure? We've been together for 2 days officially...

• @Asker , I'm only saying what works for me. Other people might have different ideas.

• just let it happen.

What Girls Said 2

• Everything went pretty fast with my boyfriend because it started has a one night thing. So foreplay the first night and we did after a week.
    A friend of mine waited two weeks with her ex and it was both their first time so I'd say there is no rules. Do it when you want to and when you feel like it's the right moment.

• it depends on how you feel. personally i like to wait until i know im in a serious relationship and can see it lasting.. that's just the type of person i am. with my first and only real boyfriend, we waited about 5 and a half months. i was a virgin, but he wasn't. i didn't really know what i was doing, but we fooled around and stuff so i felt very comfortable with him. and i loved him. (i still do, we're still together lol) you can wait just a week or a few days if you feel like you're ready and comfortable. it's really up you two.