Why am I scared to fall in love when he is nothing like my ex was?

I was with my ex for 3 years. I met him on the internet. He was nothing but a con artist and he took advantage of me and cheated on me throughout but I didn't find out the truth until the end. I had suffered a family bereavement and being with him was my way of rebelling and self destructing. I was 22 and he was my first. I have now met someone who I like and want to be with for genuine reasons such as sharing my life and enjoying each other's company. However I feel scared to fall in love again even though I know he is nothing like my ex. Has anyone else ever felt like this in a new relationship after being so hurt previously. Please help as I need the insight.

What Guys Said 1

• First of all, you'll never find someone if you don't try. Believe it or not, nice guys are more common than they seem.

What Girls Said 1

• I know how you feel, you should give him a chance.. let your guard down. Don't keep it up just because of your ex. You'll never give yourself the chance to fall in love again if you keep your guard up. Best of luck hunn 💞