Does a boy and a girl, who are friends, going out to eat for lunch sound like a date?

I feel like it does, or at least I am thinking it does. Is that normal for that to cross your mind? You think that crosses her mind?

Most Helpful Girl

• It feels like it because you want it to be that way. Ask her if she thinks other people think you're a couple when you go out next time, it'll let yiu know what she's thinking.

• See now that's what I think. I don't have the option of asking her though, that's why I posted the question here.

• Oh well maybe she's not available cause she thinks you don't like her cause you haven't asked or hinted that you are interested, so she decided to be with someone who was. I don't know but you never know you have to be careful in that situation

• Oh, no, I mean she isn't available because she's been in a relationship long before I met her, lol.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't think of it as a date, unless either party expressed it, or showed signs that they felt it was.

• It could be friendly, but if she showed signs of interest or flirting it could of been a friendly date to see how it would feel as a real date

• No I don't think that count as a date if there's no physical attraction between you guys

• It happens but sometimes their trying to send out signals

What Guys Said 1

• Lunch is a casual meal.

Breakfast is for goodbyes and dinner is for dates. So, lunch is the safest place to have a non-date.

However... any boy and girl activity alone could be an indication of flirtatious behavior. But for it to kinda be a date, one party should pay for the other and there should be serious flirting.

• What if it wasn't a planned date? It was dinner. Also, lots of talking about the future, but we paid ourselves.

• Hmm... I think dates should be planned for it to be considered a date, even if its like an hour in advance.

I think that is a grey area too. I think that could lead to a date in the future, but probably shouldn't be counted as a date. Call it a pre-date if you're wanting it to be one, call it a hang out if you don't.