What are things that could happen on a second date? What should I expect or hope to happen? Anyone got some ideas or stories?

We're going to see a movie. What should I do or say to let him know I like him or what should I look for? Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your already going on a SEDOND DATE! that should be enough to let you know that you both are wanting to learn more about one another. I know your filled with butterflies and your all giggly at every he has to say but dont worry about it. Great relationships start with an Amazing friendship. Dont rush to hold hands, get a kiss, or anything beyond a conversation. Go with the flow and just have a good time. If you want more a than the boring movie date throw some spontaneity his direction. It could be something as easy as grabbing his wrist and pulling him to an arcade game and challenging him a game of RACING USA in the lobby before the movie starts or completely change his night and change up the plans and show him a place that you love to go (a cool restaurant, your favorite corner seat at Starbucks) He will love the fact that your bubbly young and energetic. Relationships aren't formed by things in common, but the new experiences that you have had. Its natural to worry when your interested in someone, be your nerdy goofy regular self that you are at home and in front of your friends. If he loves who you are then it will be effortless.

• Amen. What he said!

• She may not be bubbly or energetic you're telling her how to be then saying he'll love her for herself.

What Guys Said 23

• Anything can happen. Don't let yourself be one of these women that let "society" dictate what you can and cannot do. Usually sex is considered "on the table" from the 3rd date on. But if you really hit it off then it should be an option. Or at least a make out session with a lot of touching. usually women are ok with fondling their tits over the clothes on 2nd date and their ass. But I have had a couple second dates where they were ok with bra off and giving me access to thier tits. And they felt me up although over the pants. I couldn't get them to go farther. I had one women were we texted and knew each other so much before our first date we never had a first date, I met her at her house that first time we met. It was hi, a kiss, and she dropped to her knees, took off my pants and went at it. That was an awesome night.

• so you want a sign to show him that you like.. him as Qui_j said Hold hands thats not a story thats actually a sign that you trying to see him as your BF so when u do that he will know... if you have fun with him and smiling around he will feel it... so do him if he is having and enjoying ur time u will feel it... you do not have to tell him you like him just some signs would work... but important if you see him a good person and you wanna last long with him... do not submit sexually to him fast that gives you self value for him and u do not know still if he would change and be an ass after you tell im not ready for sex... etc... thats plan to go on suggestion.. but if u wanna keep normal and do not do anything.. just say " do u know that i like you" which a sweet and sexy voice.. after he crack a joke or saying something funny... thats so clear but in a really good... thats 2nd suggestion
    last one
    just keep it normal... dont listen to people suggestions in this do it by instincts. :) good luck.. merry Christmas

• Depends on how the first date was. Really.
    But typically the physical proximity will be more - his hand around your waist, hands touching while watching the movie. Sometimes a drink or two loosens up both of you - you end up getting a little sentimental and that leads to a reassuring hug, maybe a kiss on the forehead leading to more.
    I would say - go with the flow. Don't push... and don't stop the flow. Having said that some guys could be waiting for the girl to give a hint about what she wants. So, if YOU are sure you want to take it to the next level, don't hold back. But don't jump at him :)

• What @CCC89 said. People move at different paces in dating, he may be feeling her out still rather than ready to go for physical intimacy of any sort, or he could be thinking of trying to get to home base. Previous relationships, historical behavior from girls he's dated, and cultural trends would be the most likely things to dictate his pace in a relationship, just as they would dictate yours.

My advice is don't expect anything, people get caught up in this mentality:
    Date 1: you should be doing

• err for some reason it cut this off?

Date 1: you should be doing

• Date 2 is just a progression of Date 1 think of it like that. Get to know him a little more like his interest, hobbies future ambitions. You shouldn't worry about kissing or anything intimate. Because your goal should be to understand and acknoweldge his past. Find out his future intentions, goals and endeavours. much like an examination except you want it to be comfortable and smooth. I say avoid making out because if you do make out then he will expect more intimacy and sexual acts. If you do make out heavily he will expect sex by date 3 and you won't know him well enough. So hold out for as long as possible i'd say till marriage but given this generations recklessness i doubt it. But yea best of luck remember its all about communication

• On the second date with who would eventually become my wife, we went to see Back to the Future at a movie theater. That tell you how long ago that was? December 15th, 1985. :) I was so damn shy that I wouldn't even hold her hand. But during the movie, she reached over and grabbed my hand and I then knew things were going to be great. We wound up back at my apartment making love for 2 hours before I took her home. And the ironic thing was, we had sex on the first date, my company's Christmas party. I just felt guilty that I had possibly taken advantage of her because she had been drinking, even though she had initiated it. But after the second date, it was on like Donkey Kong.

• Being the girl you're kinda In control on this one, a movie date is pretty sucky and I know from experience. You won't be able to talk and you'll spend more time wondering what he's thinking than watching the Movie lol. He may try to hold your hand or might not, really depends on the guy but either way he will be nervous and he may look for a kiss he may not, again depends on the guy and he will
    Be nervous haha. No matter what you do he will be happy because he likes you enough to take you on a date. Do everything as you want it and at your pace, the only expectations are the ones you give him. Take everything at your own pace and how you feel comfortable, hope it's a good date!

• Just ask him about his life. If he tries to hold your hand, let him. If he squeezes with a hug, squeeze back. Depends on the guy how fast they like to move. If he's snaking into Eden then maybe a slap is in order.

• You need to be yourself and not have any expectations. Its only a second date. You shouldn't be telling him you like him that soon. The second date is when you should expect a kiss nothing more. If u rush and tell a guy u like him that fast you probably won't be getting a call back. Let him know u enjoy his company. Be genuine and speak from the heart.

• If telling him she likes him is being genuine then she should do it. If he runs then he's hit a good fit. You're telling her to be hersekf but lie. Totally contradictory. If you think she should lie then just say that but don't wrap it up in being genuine bc that's dusingenuine on your part.

• First off it is implied that if u go on a second date you like the person. You can be genuine without acting like your ten and Saying U like the guy. This is in no way contradictory. Its called maturity.

• Dont worry about him, make sure you have fun

• Movies are generally a bad idea for the first few dates. You can't talk during a movie.

try asking him questions about himself.

• Any good ideas? Is Ice skating a good idea?

• Any ideas for a place that is very small and has lots of snow?

• I haven't lived in a small town, so no. But if you can take a drive to a bigger town, there's more to do and the drive gives you an opportunity to talk one on one.

Now, it's not ideal because there is minimal eye contact, but it's better than movies.

• Nothing, sexually. Early dates are times for talk and evaluation.

• An arm around the back of the seat is likely. A hand gently trying to go up yur thigh is possible. Maybe discuss boundaries before the movie starts.

• Keep it between 1st and 2nd base, (light kissing, hands holding) if your liking him more try hinting at more for the third date to him to spike his interest.

• hold hands... kiss at the end.. basic

• Neck kissing and touching private parts

• I would like to get to a second date.

• If he's an alpha, he'd have had sex with you on date 1. By date 2 if he doesn't make moves to fuck you, you should dump him and move on.

• Put your head on his shoulder !

• DO guys like that?

• I find it cute, and since you are heading to the movies, it'll be a sign that you want his arm around you. g'luck hun.

• Don't say anything bad about your personality, we don't like being with a looser

• If I was your age I would expect well not in a pushy way for a kiss at least.

• What happened on the first date? I'd expect at least some kissing on date 2. If you didn't kiss on date 1, then I'd guess you'll kiss a bit on date 2, and if you did kiss on date 1, it'll be a bit more making out on date 2.

• lol nothing really at all happened on date one except awkward pauses and blushing

• Then maybe the first kiss will happen for date 2.

• To quote Hanna Montana, and I hate doing that, but she's kind of right "life's what you make it", meaning, you do what you want. It doesn't matter what date it is. You do what you feel comfortable doing... and let him react how he wants, and respect how he does react. We have wants too

• what do you mean by wants?

• Because it's weird, and creepy if you don't. you could be some 50 year old man for all I know. It helps to know at least somewhat what I'm dealing with. I'm 25, I shouldn't be talking to a minor, especially about sex, but I didn't know you were because I was under the impression you're over 18. I'm done with you, bye bye

• I don't like giving personal information to an online website. To me that is creepy and sorry, I didn't know it was that big a deal. But its not like you were encouraging anything so you're fine

What Girls Said 16

• By accepting his dates, I am pretty sure he knows that you like him.

I think you should let things flow naturally instead of thinking too much into them.
    I find that is the time when I have the most fun... when I let my guard down and
    I simply enjoy being in the moment.

• It's only your second date-don't hold out any expectations. Continue the conversation and try to take it a step forward in terms of getting to know him. You might want to touch him on the shoulder occasionally or make casual physical contact but nothing else. Let him lead you. By consenting to the second day you are letting him know that you're interested so there's no need to tell him at this point-if you tell him that it could turn him into the other direction. I hope your second day goes well but don't expect too much-let it continue much like it did the first date. Obviously he liked what happened during that time because he asked you out on the second one-don't sleep with him, don't declare your love for him even if you're dying to do so and just keep eye contact and hopefully you'll get that third date.

• You don't have to do snything special other than be kind and of course he should be kind and if he's not dump him.

If you guys get along it will flow if not it's best to find that out early in. If you naturally want to say you like him You can do that but it's not something you need to plan.

You guys are getting to know each other so do just that. Spend time with him and let the knowing begin. There's really nothing spciial to it.

• And don't do anything you're not comfortabke with. Nothing. It's not yr job t , make him come
      Ray or other than you be kind. If you WAnT to do stuff then go ahead. If he likes you he'll like it.

• Movie dates usually the guy will put his arms around you, you should go with the flow when he does this. Also you should kiss him on the cheek when he does this then a little cute smile. Men loves that and it shows them that your feeling them. In the middle of the movie he might lean in and kiss you on the lips again go with the flow. After the whole date talk about the movie then compliment him on how much fun you had :)

• You should just be yourself. If you're on a second date, he's going to figure you like him at least a little bit.

If he hasn't already, he'll probably try to kiss you.

• Movies was my second date, I had no clue what to expect but I heard a lot of people make out, and take the time away from parents to kinda break a few rules ( if your parents a strict on how u touch each other) if you don't like what moves your boyfriend uses tell him, if he truly loves you he will stop and/or try something different until he finds something that you like, just relax :-)

• I like mrgoddebar1986's idea of taking his wrist and pulling him into the arcade that is a great idea! It's a subtle way of touching him and it shows you're fun and spontaneous :) maybe while the movie is waiting to start you could ask questions like "So what is your favorite movie?" or "Star Wars or Star Trek?" etc etc while you share some popcorn. And don't forget to smile, flirt, and have fun! (My favorite is the end of the night kiss and when do I get to see you again--if all goes well)

• You should expect kissing, probably with tongue, during the movie :P What ever else might happen is hard to tell.

• She shouldn't really EXPECT anything.. after all, expecting something of somebody would be wrong, correct?

• Well, I mean don't expect much or else you won't enjoy the date all too well. I'd say go with the flow, and just be yourself. If you happen to make eye contact, prolong it a bit and see if that'll do anything ;)

• Aha I had my second date at the movies too, hold hands, kiss, makeout maybe that's it... No more than that lol

• EXPECT AWKWARDNESS

• U could fuck till the break of dawn

• He might hold your hand in the movies

• dont expect sex till like the 3rd date.

• don't go all in and have sex or or get al lovey dovey… dont kiss him make him wait. if you rush you seem like a slut, if you seem like a slut, your easy to get to bed and if you're easy you're not a girl you take to your parent house! so you'll never be more than just a plain ol'slut! he won't respect you! if he is unable to wait then he didn't want anything serious. if all you want is to get laid then by all means but don't make it a regular thing with him. get another one!! and don't be a slut in the open, don't homie hop lol get boys that in no way can possibly know each other do your research and do not i repeat do not get them from your neighborhood get them from a neighborhood far from yours you don't want everyone knowing your business!!! good luck… fyi am from nyc this are some of the rules we follow….

• You will share the treats/drinks/popcorn
    hold hands, perhaps arm around shoulders
    snuggle
    even kiss good night at door
    THAT'S ALL FOLKS