One of my guy friends wants to be my boyfriend but I don't want to mess up our friendship. What should I do?

So all my friends are pretty much guys. We're a pretty close knit clique. But one of them wants to be my boyfriend and I'm afraid it will ruin our friendship and make it awkward for our other friends. I really do like him but I'm just scared.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should tell him how you feel and make it absolutely clear that you don't like him as anything more than just a friend.

What Guys Said 3

• I have ALWAYS Thought this was the dumbest thing ever. (No offense, and i suppose walking in front of a car is perhaps dumber, but not much).

Shouldn't you want to be going out with your friend vs a stranger? Shouldn't you want to be giving your heart to someone that you already know and trust, not someone that you don't know much about. I mean sure that doesn't mean you only date your friends... sometimes they are only that. But this idea that you are going to mess up a friendship so you then do nothing just seems silly. But hey, the world is so full of non-friends dating and marrying and that is working out super! Might as well go that route. ;-)

• Well if you "really do like him", there shouldn't be anything to worry about, people should respect your decision.

• its way more comfortable to advance a relationship with a friend over a stranger, if you like him then do it, yes yes yes

What Girls Said 1

• Just go for it :) your boyfriend should always be your friend first anyway, and you already know that the two of you get along