If you are single, What are some of the reason you think you are single?

If you are single, What are some of the reason you think you are single? Or why do you think you are single?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because women are fickle and picky. I suppose you can call me a "player" if you'd like in some respect. I have no problem getting a girl's number. I just talk to her, say a few things and BAM... she gives me her number. We text back and forth for a while and then I set up a date for the next night.

On these dates, I'm a pretty decent guy. Open doors for them, let them order first, push their chairs in, make sure I am fun, talkative and making her laugh and making sure she is having a good time. At the end of these dates, I walk these girls back to their car and we say our goodbyes. Sometimes these goodbyes end in hardcore make-out sessions (they initiate) or long, romantic hugs.

Based on what I said above, I sound like a good guy, right? Obviously not. The reason I have to talk to so many women, get their numbers and go out on so many dates with different women... is because they stop talking to me after the first date. I try to reach out to them but they stop replying to me. Recently actually got a 2nd date with a girl. She invited me to her place, made me dinner and we made out on the couch and watched a movie. Tried to set-up a 3rd date... but no reply.

• You still sound like a good guy to me. You make an attempt to see them again. That must be frustrating but overall it seems like you are very sought after.

• ... I can't fathom why this happens to you... Especifically after you do all this.

• Well... hopefully after this giant painful ordeal, I will be lucky enough to end up with the most beautiful woman in the world XD.

What Guys Said 62

• 1. I am a terrible person.
    2. I am not remorseful about being a terrible person.
    3. I actually do blame my farts on dogs. :(

• All my maried women friends wonder, because they all say that they think I am a GREAT CATCH!! I know how to cook, and make AMAZING things for them, even the ones that are vegetarian, or vegan, or have allergies.
    I make AMAZING, sweet candy treats for the holidays, and they forget about their diets, loving the flavors, the chocolate with the caramel and sea salt. . .
    I listen, and understand, and they love how I tease, them, sometimes, about some more 'intimate' things, maybe 'flirting' more than I should, as most are married, but they giggle, like little schoolgirls, loving the attention and the suggestions. . .
    Personally, for me, I haven't found that special one, the one that is 'worthy' of my love, and what I can offer.
    NOT THAT I AM ALL THAT!! I'm just saying, I can offer a lot, and I haven't found anyone that can offer something that I need.
    I'm mostly complete, alone, with my dog, my job, home, etc. Why do I need anyone?
    Companionship would be nice, but not necessary. Whitty conversation, and some whimsical banter, could be enjoyable; but where is she who can offer this?
    I'm not vain, or proud, regardless of what you perceive with these comments. I live a humble life, doing a humble job. I DO NOT want a vain, super-model type, but rahter an 'average' type, like me, comfortable in her own life, alone, but maybe would like to share the seperateness, together...
    One will understand. . .

• You sound awesome. And I think that statement: "I have not found anyone worthy or someone who can offer something I need". Is huge, I think that's what is hard with the people who are doing fine alone. It is great to have companionship but quality companionship is key. I would rather stay alone than be with someone/anyone/anything!

• Well I used to be very shy, and definitely still am, but not nearly as much.

AND

I don't really know where to go to meet people, or how to introduce myself and start up random conversation. I've been to clubs before... I don't think any real relationship would work with the majority of people I met there. And I really don't know how to start a relationship with someone I meet from school. I thought I built a relationship with a girl I met at my university a little over a year ago, but after I asked her out, it became clear she didn't feel the same about me as I did about her.

I'd say those are the main two reasons.

• clubs are definitely not that place for the slightly shy. What about volunteering, interest group at school or meetups?

• Yeah, I volunteer occasionally for my university through clubs/groups that I'm in.

It's not like I don't meet people... I meet a lot of people, and make a lot of friends. I just don't know how I turn "meeting people" into "meeting a potential girlfriend"

That's more of my problem haha

• Alright top ten reasons

1. I'm very shy/introverted with mild anxiety

2. My self-esteem isn't very high

3. I don't trust people

4. My personality is mundane, also I can be negative and kind of an asshole at times

5. My skillset is also fairly average, nothing exceptional that sets me apart from the crowd

6. I have somewhat high standards for what I would want in a girlfriend

7. Even if a girl who met my standards was delusional enough to ask me out, I'd turn her down because objectively I'd know I don't deserve her and would thus feel unworthy and worthless in comparison (I'm a disappointed idealist)

8. I'm afraid of opening up and being vulnerable for someone who could fuck me over

9. Modern relationships seem fickle and filled with drama

10. I'm lazy and apathetic about dating. In my mind I think it would be nice to have companionship but I don't care enough to actually do anything about it.

• You seem like a good guy, but just a little pessimistic.

I'm willing to bet you're a better guy than what you're giving yourself credit for

• @funkipunk Thanks, but you don't really know me.

. Ojectively I know I'm not horrible or bottom of the barrel, I'm just average and mundane. My mind just focuses on my flaws and what I'm lacking in comparison to what I would consider the ideal or perfect version of me. This applies to both my physical and personality characteristics. I don't nessesarily chose to think this way it just happens.

It's alright though because even though I'm alone, I haven't had my heart broken nor have I contracted any stds or acidentally gotten anyone pregnant and to me those are all worse than being alone.

• yes.. all of what you said is very true :)

• Never really had any confidence in social situations. Never really did nyhing that other people did/do. Never had a fill time job or good pay. Never good at reading or ininterpreting girls. Just not really in a place where it makes sense.

Plus I really don't know if I would be a good partner, and I do t know how to be myself around other people. Oh well, it may or may not happen. Probably not at this rate. Seems like all the girls I used to like are gone and moved out and living life, and I can't do one or the other.

• Cause I'm too shy :/

• O my life is filled with bills, school helping out my family financially and buying another car since my Deville is trashed so in other words I have no car and no money which does not help confidence all that well. Currently working on fixing all those problems but its a slow uphill battle.

• Firstly: I'm shy.
    Second: all my friends are married or engaged or happily coupled up, therefore I don't get out much..
    Third: I'm picky.
    Fourth: I'm busy doing things I love instead of searching for women.
    Five: I don't know why I'm single, all the girls I know don't know why I'm single. They say I should be able to find a really good girl.. ;)

• 1.) I tend to say exactly what I think regardless who's in front of me and I don't care about consequences whatsoever (some of those consequences include getting kicked out of school, getting fired, getting punched, getting insulted, getting fined etc, yet I still don't give a fuck). There's not a single drop of tolerance and/or political correctness in me. If a girl asks me whether this dress makes her look fat or not, and she's indeed fat herself, I will say that it's not the dress that makes her fat, she actually IS fat.
    2.) Girls in the UK on average aren't as pretty as girls back home. I just don't want to date some mediocre looking girl while knowing that all of my friends back home date way better looking girls. Basically I'm trying to avoid being bottom feeder.
    3.) I don't want to get attached romantically to someone abroad, because I plan to go back home as soon as I graduate from the university in the UK.

• I'm not trying very hard, mostly because I don't feel like I would connect with most of the girls around. Also, about half the time I see a girl showing interest in me I find out that she's in a relationship or engaged.

I also tend to ask people out in situations when I'm alone, including at restaurants, and that may come off as creepy or something.

• 2 reasons:
    1. I'm not a very friendly person and I constantly "have my guard up" making it difficult to even make friends let alone get close enough to someone to have a relationship
    2. Relationships are just trouble 70% of the time. It's great when they do work out well but when they don't... they're worse than on TV. Being single brings a lot of freedom and allows you to do a lot of things that you couldn't if you were in a relationship with someone. The only real downside of course is loneliness, which can drive you crazy sometimes.

• because i want to!

• I'm still single because I am unable to get over the pain of loosing my ex forever.

• I am single right now by choice... I honestly just don't have time to date because I don't have time to deal with playing games or unnecessary drama.

• Firstly it's because I am an introvert.

Secondly, no girls have ever taken an initiative to talk to me.

• I'm picky and won't settle for just anyone.
    I was focusing on my career before and haven't put a lot of effort into finding someone yet.
    Internet dating doesn't work.
    I work a lot and when I have time I just want to relax, not look for a potential mate.
    I spend too much time on here, lol.

• Whatever the reason, I'm sure the Universe is trying to teach me patience because I've always been single.

• Too many to list with a 2000 character limit.

• Because I'm nice I suppose. But not some 'doormat' kind if nice. I do it because I wish it. And I have a rather interesting habit if attracting the pretty or cute bubbly girls that mean well but something is missing somewhere that doesn't allow it to progress further.

• Because I'm nice.. I have bad luck with women :/

• you are not nice. or maybe you are and have met only bitches. but the later is less possible. i you were nice some good women would be interested in you.

• True, but sometimes they just friend you instead. That's the main problem for me

• Girls usually don't like me, these are some of the reasons that some girls told me literarly:
    I'm not good looking
    I'm not interesting
    I'm not rich
    I'm not their type

I still dont understand why does "not my type" means

• I think "not my type" means they aren't exactly sure what it is but they are not interested.

• screw dem bitches man. they werent a representative sample. you are a somewhat good looking and smart engineer fellow. you will find your self "a good woman".

• Thanks @johnvanjohn

• 1. I'm a lone wolf - I like my independence and doing things by myself. i. e. spending money for myself, going out to eat, going for a drive, etc. I like doing things myself, instead of waiting for others to do it for me/with me.

2. Video Ganes & Anime - I work 3rd shift and sleep until 3-4pm, so most of my free time is playing video games and watching anime.

3. Wisconsin - Pretty much all of the girls here are: country, go to the bars, go mudding, go hunting, and have kids & divorced. I'm not country, I don't drink, I prefer to stay clean. I don't hunt, and I prefer to date girls who have no kids.

• Accidentally down vote oops!

What is mudding?

• Driving off road with your atv or chevy and doing spin-outs, driving fast, etc. on mud. 100% your vehicle and yourself will be covered in mud. Sounds fun to tell ya the truth, but doesn't tickle my fancy.

• Personal choice. Pickings are really slim

• 1. Douchebag tendencies
    2. Trust issues
    3. Inability to bond with women
    4. Inability to trust women
    5. Having too much fun as is

• I am not single anymore but one of the reasons I was single is because I was planning to have a good job before having a girlfriend. Love came and I couldn´t wait.

• lol never put love on the back burner man, you may mean well but it is almost never healthy. Glad to hear you opened the door when opportunity came knocking :)

• My personality, or probably because I'm not that interesting.

I mean I seem to have the looks where I get to have bar "hookups" instantly, but I constantly fail in getting a girlfriend. Which kind of boggles my mind.

• Picky
    Self esteem / image issues (better now)
    Not looking

That being said... I know what I want
    I'm open to possibilities
    I'm in a good place with myself.

• Everyone I ask out already is in a relationship and has been in one for years. So just plain bad luck...

• Cause I'm a pussy. :/ I haven't even tried to ask a girl out, girls definitely like me as a person, but I don't know if they LIKE me so I never get the courage to ask.

• Because I'm a coward probably, or because I can never initiate a conversation with anybody... yup, that about covers it.

• More from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 38

• 1) I think I am single because I am not trying hard enough.
    2) I need to make friends with other people.
    3) I don't have an attractive body.
    4) There not enough guys in the world.
    5) I can't seem to find a tall handsome guy at my college that goes to my class!
    6) I don't have pretty clothes.
    7) I am afriad of french kissing
    8) Guys can't see how I feel inside and how my heart jumps and gets nervous
    9) Most attractive guys have gf
    Lastly, damn I can't seem to accept that I will be a mother and form a family or that I will be singe forever!

• I like this response... it sounds very honest.

I'm willing to bet you're not giving yourself enough credit though. I guarantee you there are guys out there who like you :)

• Thanks @funkipunk My third goal for this new year is to find a guy I like and final go on my first date! I am 19 and I am going to suck it up and be brave and try to find a guy and ask him out without overthinking. I am not going to worry about get rejected and if I do oh well... it better than never knowing. I almost forgot that a girls can ask a guys out on a date ! !

• 1. I really don't know. I'm always told I'm a "great catch" and that any guy would be lucky to have me yet, it's quite hard for me to find someone that would actually want to date me.

2. I also dislike relationships, haha. I'm not very good with them. When things start to get serious is when I start to freak out.

3. I think a lot of guys are also intimidated by me because I'm really outgoing and super flirty with people so they might think I'm either already taken or not interested even though when I like someone I show my interest very well.

• probably a mixture of not being what dudes want physically & appearing to be uninterested in guys and relationships altogether

• Well, I'm a pretty sheltered girl thanks to my strict parents. So I'm shy, self-conscious and suffer from bouts of low self-esteem. So I'll think I'm not attractive, or i start picking on myself and get quiet because i dont want to seem weird or loud. I get embarrassed easily. Usually, I avoid big crowds or going to parties where I don't really know anyone which would translate into why I am single because I don't put myself out there and meet new people. But lately, it's been getting better and I've joined intramurals and try to smile and make conversation with whoever is near me.

• Someone will find the perfection in what you think are imperfections. getting out of your comfort zone is a great start but you sound normal to me.

• So many reasons! In no particular order
    1. I'm a science nerd and an intellectual. If your not interesting, I get bored ×_×

2. I'm way too mature for my age group. Im very social and get along with almost everyone but.. not many 17 y/o know what they want out of their partner. I find some dates regardless of the BS they go through.

3. I'm really focused on school. I want to be a neonatologist later on.

4. I want someone who'll support me in all of this and I will do the same. We could push eachother through uni :P

• Intelligence is very attractive and you are going to be in a male dominated field so I think when you enter college you will find lots of interesting guys!

• I hope so :)

• 1) I let the guys I date advantage of my generosity and kindness
    2) I attract jerks or players
    3) I seem to also attract guys who can't commit to just having my in their life. It's always some other girl
    4) I tend to clam up about things that piss me off in a relationship then blow up. I just don't want to feel like I'm nagging when I am open with what I think about
    5) I'm only 22 but a lot of guys my age want to casually date but I'm more interested in a serious relationship

So is it my fault I'm single?

• The first time I was asked out I was made fun out of. The dude was joking, I didn't like him in the first place anyway, but I said yes to see what happens and my prediction was correct. From that time on I was never able to trust anybody again.

Maybe it's because I'm not very sociable? I want my first love to be special, not random. God, I'm such a girl lol

• I have social anxiety so if I really like someone I end up having a panic attack if they talk to me and looking like I hate them... so there's that. I literally was so nervous when I started dating my ex that I couldn't eat for a week and would wake up in the middle of the night dry heaving (I lost 10 pounds though). I found it difficult to talk to him for that week but eventually it got better.
    And on top of that there's crippling self-esteem issues

• Because I am unattractive. I've been told to my face that I am ugly, so I know that's why. Most men aren't attracted to me. I have plenty of male friends, but none are interested in dating me.

• Because I am waiting for someone who is worth it, also I get quite shy around those I am attracted to even though my personality isn't exactly the shy type.

• Single by choice, just got out of a looooong relationship and im just not ready for another one.
    I kinda like being single, need some excitement though.

• 1. I intimidate guys by my smarts apparently. Ha.
    2. Always busy.
    3. I can be too random, and weird.
    4. I have ambitious goals, such as attaining my Doctorate Degree.
    5. Very schedule oriented.
    6. Perfectionist.

• You read my mind. Me exactly except #1 (I think).

• Lol that's probably a good thing! I have seriously been told though, by guys, that it seems like I make myself out to be better than another person on purpose by using sophisticated language when it's just how I normally talk.

• I'm quiet and find it hard to keep the convo going. That's it really, I'm good at approaching I'm just nervous in general.

• Trust issues e. g.. i dont trust guys that much and also
    many people are unfaithful , unless i can find someone who can match me interms of loyalty to partner, i wouldn't want to commit
    but i still like to look at good looking guys :)

• I have no interest in sharing my life at this time.

• My personality is very basic.

• My body isn't aesthetically appealing to men but eh Im not bothered

• I think I'm ment to be alone.
    I'm afraid of letting go and not be in control. I'm to independent
    I'm awkward at first.. I'm bad at flirting.
    I'm to nice

• Single because I'm too lazy to want a relationshit. Until then, I'll just flirt my little heart out.

• I'm very insecure about my weight and I find it hard to trust people in general. It's down to a lot of bullying from the guys when I was 12-14 years old and it stuck with me. I was okay before that.

• 1. I'm busy
    2. Trust issues
    3. Too picky

• I choose to be
    Becayse everytime I get a bf my grades drop
    So I'm not looking for a guy until I'm done with school

• I'm just not interested in being with someone yet.

• Ummu_u I think... I think it's because... because I am too childlike? o:
    ... :'(

• Because the only people who like me are the bad weird

• I'm just to perfect for any guy. Just kidding, I don't know why I'm single.

• Oh, don't even get me started. I could insult myself for days.

• Bc I chose to be. A lot of the guys I know are bad people sadly:( and I want a bf.

• So so many reasons.

• because im shy when i like a guy and also because i dont want to be with the first guy i see.

• More from Girls
    8