Date This Saturday. How to be prepared?

So im going on a double date this Saturday with a couple and a girl that i have met couple weeks ago, pretty much this is the first time meeting in person because she lived a hour or so away from where i am at.

Anyway i haven't dated anyone in ages, so i just need a brush up on everything. How to act? how to get prepared? and any other advice that will make things better? It's pretty obvious that we are both attracted to each other and we are interested. Skype for hours everyday and all of that jazz.

Any advice will help. Thanks

Some of you said double date was kinda of a bad idea, just so happens that the couple can't go now so yeah lol. So just two of us. Going to mall walk around for a bit, catch movie, get a bite to eat, coffee/desert, and just hang around afterwards. Think it sounds pretty ok.

Additional question and i thought of, should i try and make a move on her first date or just let it be? I do, but no idea if she is gonna freak out and think i'm pushing things too fast or something?
Thanks!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Double dates can be used to your advantage especially if you need to brush up on the skill of conversation and flirting. A couple things I make sure I do on double dates are be my self, realize that it's not a competition, don't consider it a date (it will only build anxiety), and make sure you get some personal time (non sexual) but separate from the other couple. When I say be your self I mean be the best you but simple don't care if she doesn't like the way you act, that will attract her to you more (seeing that you don't care about putting on a show for her). What I mean by don't consider it a date is treat her like a friend that you havnt seen in years, have a genuine interest in what she's saying and give your honest response to what she says. Make those corny jokes and then laugh about how corny they are. Treat her like a best friend (just for this night). By making sure you have personal time I mean taking a walk or separating from the other couple to dig a little in her head show her who you are, flirt a little, make her laugh on your own. And what ever you do, do not talk about your self unless she asks and even then maintain the mystery of who you are. -bighearted

What Girls Said 13

• She will give you signs she wants you to make a move on her and going to see a movie on a first date isn't good if. you dont know the person that well. You need to find things out about eachother what you do in life what she does and all that jazz but you can't if you are in the cinema watching a movie. I have done the cinema on a first date but knew quite a lot about the person so it wasn't bad but if you have not known eachother that long then you need to use this time to learn as much as you can about this woman.

• Are you sure a double date with someone you never met before a good idea? Does this girl even know the other couple?

• yeah ! i was thinking the exact same thing ! i don't think that's a good idea either...

• Wash your hair and brush your teeth, put some perfume, wear trousers not jeans, come with clean shoes.. buy her a flowe.. be a gentleman to her.. and you'll make an impression.

• The only advice would just be to relax.

I mean I can't be there to guide you, but thats the best way to handle a situation.

• Have conversation boosters. You don't want that awkward silence. You can't leave the screen to go do something.

Know things that she likes, talk abot her. I garuntee that she will talk to you about things that you like to get you talking.

There is really nothing you can prepare for, just show up dressed decently and be fun and friendly with her.

• The best advice is to just relax and be yourself. Dress comfortably but also look like you put an effort into how you look. In terms of making a move if you think things are going well a kiss at the end would be fine.

• Good luck! The last double date I went on the other couple "mysteriously could'nt make it". But it turned out good still. My advice would be to make sure the conversation keeps going to avoid awkward situations.

• First, dress up and be the handsomest guy you'll ever be. Surprise your girl with roses or something romantic then treat her like a lady. Don't be an ass and make her feel like she's being a burden. Enjoy the whole date and don't forget to smile. That is one surefire way to make girls happy.

• i think it is a good idea. but i hope those couple are your friends, if they are your friend than its brilliant!
    you guys dont have to talk to each other when the situation getting bored. she's able to talk to any of you anytime she wanted to but if you wanted to talk with her for a moment, so do. all you need to prepare is your self. believe in your self. be your self. try to impress her with your personality. don't do personal things too fast, just let it be. i guess it is.

• Do what you feel is Right (but don't move to fast, that can just scare people), nothing has to be overly fancy, stay calm :-)

• Be yourself

• Paco Rabanne cologne ;)

• Dress in a way that makes you feel confident about yourself. Wear an outfit you like, cologne, etc, whatever makes you feel like you're ready to seize the moment.

What Guys Said 17

• -Shower, she'll notice

-Don't put on a bunch of Axe it's not attractive to a lot girls

-Wash your clothes, trust me she'll notice

-Ask to pay her bill and your own, do not ask to pay for the four of you, let the other couple figure that out themselves

-Be polite, open doors for her

-Let her talk, but also add things to the conversation. And since you have the other couple there, it won't be AS awkward if you two were alone and things get a little quite between you two. Which easily happens. Easiest thing to ask her is, "Do you have any hobbies", if she is in college ask, "What are majoring in". So, basically ask her about her self.

-Remember to smile and have gentle* eye contact with her.
    *Gentle as in DO NOT STARE, you never know how she'll take it, she could find it super cute or super creepy, do not take that risk.

• You're overcomplicating things. Just be yourself. If she doesn't like you for you do you really want to spend your life pretending and preparing to be someone you're not?

If she's agreed to go out with you then she already likes you. You don't need to do anything special to "convince" her to like you such as bringing her flowers. Keep it simple. Go out, have fun, ask her questions, let her talk, be playful.

• I really can't say anything more than just be yourself. Do you know the other couple? Does she? If she knows them and you don't, the pressure is higher, but you shouldn't try and be someone you're not. Now, don't go telling her every little detail, but also don't try and represent yourself incorrectly. Not only will it make you look bad, but if things develop between you two, she's bound to notice you lied after getting to know you more.

In a double date scenario, just have fun. Try and steer away from the deep conversation, and just make it flow. If you're not a social guy, don't try and be the conversation starter. Let it just happen, and be your best. You'll be fine, she'll like you for it. And if she doesn't, then it wouldn't have worked out in the long run anyway.

Of course this is advice if you want something more. If you just want a fun night, just get the juices flowing and don't worry about lasting impressions

• be your self if you really like her.. be your self if you dont want the relationship to be based on a lie.. be your self because she actually wanted to go out with YOU not some one who changes when you go out... be a gentleman, be nice (not too much), be funny (not over and silly), all that its ok to be but the most important part since you going in a double date dont watch the other couple and try to make like them bcz maybe they are in a level that you and the girl ur dating didn't reach yet... good luck man... but DRESS GOOD AS FUCK lol.. brush your teeth and spent couple dollar on some good cologne suggestions (1 million, CK EPHORIA INTENSE, BLACK XS) if its casual date you guy going out to a bar, restaurant.. etc id recommend the Black XS... if you guys going for a concert and classics put the CK INTENSE. 1 million is more of both but since its your 1st date with her id pick CK EPHORIA OR BLACK XS... it leave a good impression even if with girl im not dating... good luck buddy

• Most of what these other opinions say is a good foundation. Dressing well, acting like yourself, and having fun are the bulk of it. To be honest, I haven't had much experience dating and have never been on a double date, so I can't speak for those situations. What I can tell you is twofold: be confident and know our intentions. Confidence, at least by this website's standards, is an extremely ambiguous trait, so I'll give my definition: go in with the mindset of you having something to contribute, whether it be to the group as a whole or the girl you're with. Don't think of it as you performing for her to shower you with aspects of relationships, i. e. trust, intimacy, sex, etc. Which leads me to intentions. Go in to this date thinking of what you want to achieve socially. Do you want to be her friend? Do you want it to be a casual relationship free of many responsibilities? Do you want a strong relationship that could potentially become marital? Ask yourself these questions and definitively pick an answer, and let the mindset do the rest.

• dude be yourself, don't pretend you're someone else otherwise you're lost

• I like how the example you gave for hnowing each other is interested by mentioning Skpe <3 Good luck man! I suck at dating lol I only know what really to do after the fact xD

• Dress up in a cool yet comfortable manner. Analyse your style, know what your date likes and be confident!

• It's not hard. Be relaxed and just get to know her. Don't force anything and just let events follow their natural course. What happens happens. This is just a drop in the ocean of your life. Don't unduly stress.

• Dress for the situation is it at night, or the morning. Will it be cold, hot, ok?

After you figure that out, get your clothes ready. Clean and iron clothes with clean shoes.

• just be natural don't pretend to be a man u are not, because trust me the other person always finds it out and its a major turn off and stay the right amount of confident (not over and not under)

Best of luck

• Take a shower and brush your teeth!!

• good hygiene
    dress well
    condom

• Dress well and be yourself.

• Your Chrismas must be awesome. Good luck!

• Prepared? Do you concealed carry? Bring a 9mm and the rest takes care of itself.

• Act peppy and dress preppy. Bring axe... cologne and rubber... gloves