Does age matter for dating?

I was asked by a younger guy on a date... usually I date older. Need advice

• Girls usually date older or same age
  • Doesn't matter
  • depends how many years younger

Most Helpful Girl

• No. But personally I prefer older men. However, if the right guy was younger than me I wouldn't turn my back on him just because of his age. I think compatibility is what matters. by the way I think the right guy is the one I have now. Shhhh

What Guys Said 5

• What matters to you? A woman's age would matter to me if I intended to have children with her, the younger the better. Otherwise, superficial visual indicia of youth, health, and fertility would be more important than the real things. (all the boner with only a fraction of the risk of unplanned children)

A lot of women indicate that they expect men to be financially and socially established before a relationship, which takes time. However, if you're not planning on having children, would a younger guy with lots of money and friends be just as good as the same guy only older?

• Honestly not really as long as it's not seriously different like 12 and 18 and as long as the younger one is legal age

• i date a girl older than me 4 years. but when we met and talk for the first time she thought im actually older than her bcz i raised between older people and friends.

• Age is just a number, or so that one song goes...

• So what? I'm dating one who's 3 years older than me.

What Girls Said 3

• as long as both party are adults, only mental age really matters.. but in my opinion I find it a turn off if his mental age and biological age seem to have a 20 years age gap.

• I'm 19, my guy is 30.
    I just was never attracted to guys my age, once I got in HS.

• To a certain extent, yes.