Does a long distance relationship work?

I'm dating this guy that lives in California and i live in Minnesota and we've been dating for 2 months, i just need to know if its gonna work between us.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is going to work if you guys want to. If you don't, then it won't work. I have reached that conclusion myself. No more second guessing and doubting. I have to start assuming responsibility for my feelings and for how I act upon them. Even today I hurt my bf by making him think I didn't want our relationship as much as he did and believe me that the feeling of hurting the your most important person sucks. So before going forward with your bf, make sure what do you both wnat out of the relationship and where do you see each other in a couple of years. Discuss that kind of stuff, because it's important. And I am not going to lie. LDR require lot of work, communicarion and no fear about being open about what you feel and want.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think they work. Well, not to me. I need personal contact, I like it. It can work for some people, but generally I think they don't.

• If a couple can stay in contact on Skype /webcam it might work out
    one can send emails/ cards/ letters but nothing like similar physical touch.

What Girls Said 3

• Exactly a year ago, I started dating my boyfriend online through Facebook. We started to talk on the phone and facetimed every chance we got. He now lives with me:). If you put your hearts into it and keep communication you two will make it! The key is- do not associate your friends, social media or anything that can lead to drama with your boyfriend/girlfriend.

• Depends. How old are y'all?

• he's 16 and I'm 15

• You'll have to keep the connection open. If both people work for it then yes. Lots of Skype and texting can help. Visits is also a big thing.

• Of course it's not going to work. Don't be so naive