Do you ever drastically change the type of person you date?

Turns out my boyfriend has a type and I'm not it. I've been visiting his family before Christmas and I've seen some pics of his old girlfriends. And they're all tall, dark haired, dolled up and curvy.
And by curvy I mean actually curvy, not fat.

And his brothers were kinda joking about how all his exes were crazy in bed, open to threesomes and whatnot
And then there's me. I'm pretty much the opposite from his exes, blonde, short, less than perfect body and I'm still a virgin, I've never had sex with him

I guess what I'm wondering is, why has he changed his preferences so drastically?
Or maybe is that he is settling?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends more or less on the availability of the stereotype itself but if there's a clear pattern, like honestly clear as day he's had eight previous girlfriends and they are basically clones type pattern, and you're the pattern breaker he's either settling or is going through a major shift in life.

• well I've seen 4 and they I think they very clearly followed a pattern

What Guys Said 4

• My type for dating is attractive with a good heart. Don't care about hair color, height, how curvy she is, etc...

• Well, the others are exes for a reason. Maybe what you bring to the table is a bit different and a needed change.

• Preferences are, just that, preferences. That doesn't mean he is ONLY going to go after that type of girl.

• you are thinking too much.

What Girls Said 1

• I like how women blame being a virgin for the reason a guy has settled for them. You seem to think You are not his type because you never had sex and you look different. Just find somebody else

• I'm just wondering. And I do think your sexuality says a lot about your personality

• No it does not
      Don't use being a virgin for a reason why you are insecure