I think I was put in the friend zone?

Ok so today I decided to ask my crush whether or not he liked me. So we were just laughing about Christmas songs and he snuck up behind me. So I ask if he likes me. A simple "Do you like me?" He said yeah you're a pretty good friend. Said guy usually either stares at me, lets me hug him, and tells me weird personal things. A few of my friends said I wasn't clear that I wanted to know if he liked me in a romantic way.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's still wet behind the ears in years, sweetie, however, deep down, I am guessing-----Ok... he has a slight crush on you but will Not say...
    Without it being etched in stone, the writing on the school wall and all, indicates to me that you are someone special he enjoys to be with, share a few laughs and giggles with and can feel at ease with the tease of something amazing you both have been nursing and nurturing here, dear.
    When he said "Yeah you're a pretty good friend," he probably Knew what you meant but rather than save himself the embarrassment of telling you "I really like you too," he simply used this phrase to save the day and save Your----Fabulous friendship.
    However, if truth be known, in his heart, you are "His girl Friday" at school... he likes you, I am sure with the signs and who knows Next year... you both may be dancing the night away someday.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to shed some light on this scene.. Happy holidays.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 3

• You might have wanted to try being a bit more specific. Also the mood might have been a bit joking so he could have misinterpreted your serious question as a joke. If you want an honest answer just go talk to him in a more appropriate setting. Make it clear you're asking in a romantic sort of way instead of a buddy buddy kind of way.

• Maybe he doesn't know if you like him or not so he just said that you're a pretty good friend just to be safe because he doesn't know where your relationship stands. Maybe try holding his hand when you are walking together and if he goes for it then you're golden but if not just play it off like your joking or something.

• He may like you he's unsure if you want him to "like" you though

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm...😶
    ...