Is it weird for a 13 year old to date a 17 year old?

my friend is 13 and she is dating a 17 year old, is that bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• almost a freshman dating a senior basically? hmm..

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah that's more on the weird side. 4 years wouldn't matter once you're over 18 but yeah, in MS and HS that's too much.

• In my opinion, yes, but then again I can't imagine retrospectively wanting to date anything that young.

• Ya it is. Id say keep it to 3 years until your over 19 or 20.

• Yeah that's way messed up

• even if they are like in trance with one another? the only thing they've done is hug, hold hands, and cuddle, they haven't kissed yet, he wants to wait because he doesn't want to take advantage of her

• Yeah it's still really weird for that age difference when your a teenager

• true

What Girls Said 5

• That's gross. He's almost a damn adult and she's a child. They are at very different places in their life. At this point, I don't think it's right for someone that young to date someone that old.

• dating is such a serious word for a 13 year old girl.

There is no problem though for a 13-14 year old girl and a teenage boy of 14 to 18 year old having a relationship, though it is better be through a friendship.

• No hunny. Its normal. I have a friends she is 14 andh er bf is 18. Its tot legal

• Yeah, that's not normal.

• its getting a bit weird, i'm 17 now and i was bloody stupid at 13

• 17 year old males are the horniest creatures on the planet, he may wait but for how long? how many years until she's truly ready to take her relationship to that level, not due to pressure from him or anyone else