Is it okay to date a guy who has been arrested of drug possession before?

I met this guy and he seems really nice. But he has been arrested of drugs possession before including other closely related incidents. For that reason I don't know if I should associate with him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, do you want to be a connector and risk getting introuble if he gets caught with them again? If not, then no, stay away. From your statement, "including other closely related incidents" it seems like he gets in trouble quite a bit. Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't associate with him, not even through a text or online message lol.

What Guys Said 4

• I think if you like him and could look past him being arrested then go for it. People can change and sometimes it's wrong to judge people on their past mistakes.

• If he's isn't still involved in the life you should be fine in my opinion

• You should associate with him. He is good in bed because he is a bad boy.

• No you shouldn't date him. He clearly is a subhuman being for putting a substance into his ownbody (sarcasm)

What Girls Said 5

• That's up to you and if you're willing to deal with his past. Make sure you find out if he's stil doing it though.

Personally, I wouldn't be ok with it. I wouldn't be comfortable being with someone with that background

• potential for relapse; that's something that will be on the back of my mind.
    it doesn't mean he's a horrible person and he may have 'reformed' or 'changed' himself for better; however, i would just be cautious in that situation if I had strong feelings for him.
    if I have a lot of other stresses in life, then no, because the fact he has a higher chance to relapse is more stress on me to prevent him from doing something.

• He can be a bad boy turned good. I think you just have to make sure that he's not involved with this kind of stuff anymore

• Whatever floats your boat. Sounds like a bad idea to me, though.

• Yes I think its okay, your a grown woman and you know what you like. If you like him, date him. Having a drug charge isn't bad because their could be plenty of reasons behind what and why it happen. Fot example my crush now got charged but he took it for his friend who was younger and going through a horrible time.