I am 27 years old and I never had a bf?

I just don't understand what is wrong. I am thinking that maybe I am not that attractive. I don't really know at this point. I have a graduate degree and a good job. I am at a healthy weight. So what is it?

I was talking to this guy but I think he gave up on me. We talked yesterday but he hasn't messaged at all today.

Most Helpful Guy

• First and foremost, you have to learn to love yourself. You can't expect anyone to want to be with you, if you don't like yourself.

Start doing activities that interest you, even if you have to force yourself to go and do these things alone. After some time, I'm sure you'll meet people by doing these activities, and you'll make new friends. You're making yourself a more interesting person because you're out doing things, and you're also meeting people who share the same interests as you do.

I'm willing to bet that it really isn't that bad as you make it sound. Just do your best at being friendly with people everywhere you go. Don't think so much about working towards getting a girlfriend, but rather just doing interesting things, and meeting interesting people. The friendships will naturally happen, and maybe a relationship will even develop.

Now this is not something that happens overnight, but rather over a long periods of time. Don't be discouraged if you don't make any new friends the first few times you force yourself to go out; it'll happen eventually.

I'm sure there's guys out there who would love to be with you, but just haven't had the chance to meet you yet. Good luck :)

• BS I know plenty of taken people who don't love themselves

• Agreed. Now it is time for me to stop because apparently as a Christmas miracle I somehow started to care about my fellow man. This greatly concerns me. Good day!

• @Error_204

Haha, that's a good thing!

What Guys Said 19

• well you don't give us a lot to go on... maybe you have been too busy in undergrad and grad school and your job to get to know someone... Sorry i can't be more helpful

• in our real lyf we have 2 love en 2 be loved bt most times we fail due 2 some condtns. we get heartbreak en we resort to face hard lyf. love has destiny en due 2 dat may be u hv nt yet reached yrz. keep trying, dnt give up coz u r still young en continue prayin 2 GOD u will meet a righteous person in yr lyf. keep a smiling face 2 guys, try 2 interact wth them, alway keep yr self on the go, put on attractive dresses and pls try 2 join social clubs i hope u will find a nice guy u admire 2 be with. wishing u the best of luck.

• Perhaps you are sending out the wrong signals? If you come across as friendly, open, confident, with a positive attitude and easy to talk to, you shouldn't struggle too much. Those qualities count for much more than just being attractive. And reciprocate if you sense a guy is interested in you with subtle encouragement. There are many many "average" looking girls with boyfriends, and you will find that they invariably have great personalities.

• I'm 23 and I've never had a girlfriend. Maybe you should start going out more and try to approach some guys like how I'm learning to go out and approach more women.

• I mean do you never get approached? If you're even average-attractive you should be getting approached. Maybe it's your sense of style? The vibe you give off? Or maybe you are just plain hideous? Who knows. Post up a pic.

• Learn 2 twerk.

• Maybe you just never seemed interested so guys never approached you.

• Well your anonymous so I can't say its not your appearance.
    Maybe you look moody all the time?

• Maybe they're all so nervous. Maybe if you asked THEM out, it might change their minds.

• Do you smile? Are you friendly?

• OP, in case you don't know how to smile, you slowly lift one side of your mouth upward then when you feel comfortable, you lift the other side

disclaimer: brush teeth before attempting this dangerous manoeuvre

• @miserybusiness. The OP probably should also floss.

• Waow! Ur still fresh! I like dat ;3
    Be ma gurl?

• Hmm i've never had that issue and out of 17 women i only asked one of them out and lots said i seemed unapproachable. I'm by far not sexy so i don't know what to say, maybe it's all about atmosphere and where you are putting yourself.

• Why would anyone want to date you?

• Well the easiest and fastest way is to get a beach body workout, know what I mean? ;)

• What's your opinion of attractive

• Wow you serious? Because if so, then I am the male version of you, I swear

• try a make over and dress sexy.

• i am 29 and never had a gf. also not unattractive or overweight (actually quite fit)... some people are just not meant to be happy...

• i put you on a pedestal. well done. i would marry you if i wasn't maried.

What Girls Said 5

• Your personality needs work.

• You can try meeting more people and if you were not approaced by guys, you can try approaching them first :)

• do you talk to men at all

do you socialize

you need to place yourself in a social environment and start meeting peeps

or if you don't have time, download a dating app

• have you tried online dating? how often do you go out?

• I'm 23 and I have never been in a long term relationship. My longest relationship lasted 4 months. And I never lived with a bf.