Should I be concerned? Does my boyfriend seem abusive?

We were talking about me eating lettuce (I was ordering a burger at a restaurant and I mentioned I don't like lettuce on my burgers) I had told him that I hate lettuce. He replied that in this house hold we'd eat lettuce. I told him that I wouldn't and said that I would. Said he'd "beat my a** and force feed it to me if he has to". And I told him I still wouldn't eat it that if I don't like it I won't eat it. I then went on further to say that what he said wasn't funny nor cute. He chuckled and looked me straight in the eyes withe most serious face and said he was serious. He didn't cracke a smile or anything.

We've been dating for 2.5 months. I kind of feel threatened now. When he told me that I became a little scared. What should I do?

I just don't understand... He'd been such a sweetheart up until now. It's like he completely switched gears in an instant.
I'm going to talk with him about it when we get back to our city. Right now I'm out of town with him and his family for Christmas. It just really surprised me his behavior it came out of nowhere and was totally unnecessary. I felt like a child being patronized by a father.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every person so far but one has told you to run... there is a reason for that. I can't explain why he is suddenly become this way, but i suspect it was to lure you in... I mean if he started out an ass, he probably wouldn't get very far with you. So move on. And don't look back.

What Guys Said 8

• While I understand he wants you to eat healthy, that's still no reason to threaten you. It's hard to say if he would truly beat you, but I would definitely have your guard up with military-like security. Since he did say such a thing, you may need to assume that he actually will. Talk to him with someone else with you.

• Yeah that would make me not want to be with someone romantically.
    I would leave him before your in to deep before you realise that was only the surface of his character. Leave him now!

• sick bastard... run away as soon you can.

• Not good that's not someone you would want to be with. you'll always be on pins and needles and not be able to be yourself. Realy over lettuce?

• If he gets this upset over something as simple as this I would leave straight away. It can only get worse from there.

• He wasn't angry but his tone was threatening... If that makes sense.

• He touches you and make it over. That's the bottom line.

• leave now and have someone there when you do so he does not do anything

• Get out! This guy is no good! He sounds creepy too. Please be careful!

What Girls Said 4

• Red flag.
    I'd get out now.
    Joking or not, that's bad territory

• Have u ever seen a short movie based on a true story: Murdered by my boyfriend
    Im not saying he's going to kill you but, the way he changed personalities so quickly is a common characteristic of a sociopath!
    Maybe he was joking... but it's better be safe than sorry, and he sounds like a dickhead!

• Where there is smoke there is fire. Whenever you start feeling a sense of fear... get out aspa!

• Try to eat lettuce then he'll calm down

• Lol wow completley submissive that's not good.
      Then he will punch and and hurt his hand on her face and you will say to put cream on your face so its softer for him to punch!