How to keep conversation going with quiet girls when I'm a strong silent type?

Going off what I've been told I'm a strong silent type. When a girl is at least reasonably outgoing and talkative, and willing to carry the conversation, I find that I can be quite "successful" while saying very little as per my personality. However, when talking to a girl who needs the guy to lead conversation and get her to talk by asking questions etc I fall flat on my face.

With quieter girls I just can't get past the first hurdle and I think I may come off as not interested. How can I keep the conversation going, preferably by getting her to talk, and how can I suggest my interest in her?

Most Helpful Girl

• My suggestion would be go to a place that "creates conversation" if that makes sense. For example, if I were a quiet girl and I were taken to somewhere like a movie, I might feel comfortable but then I wouldn't get to know you. If we go to dinner then it's one on one and just awkward. I would find out what she likes and go actually do something. The last guy I dated knew that I liked to hike so he took me out to a trail at night. We never stopped talking. Granted I'm not super quiet/shy but I found a lot more to talk about with him when it was something that I was actively engaged and interested in.

What Girls Said 2

• You either have chemistry and the conversation flows or it doesn't, regardless of your "personality type".

• I'm a quiet girl and i personally i only open up and become outgoing when people ask a lot of questions and have a lot of confidence when approaching me. Two quiet people can't really have a conversation, one of them has to be outgoing. Ask questions and give compliments.

What Guys Said 3

• U have been successful being the quiet type because u let the girl talk, not because the girl is interested in a corpse

All girls are talkative (see how she really is with her friends)
    Being shy with u is a good fact.. It means her interest level is high, and she's nervous

What u do is keep the quiet part (girls love listeners because they love to open up verbally)

All u do Is ask questions that is on ur mind (be ur self) ask the question and let her respond.. She'll start to answer u with explanations thus a conversation starts
    Be sure to add in ur thoughts time to time, joking always helps

• Silence + Silence = Silence. Sorry.

• Give her a massage, " OOOOs & Ahhhhhhs " might start with a few compliments, for you.
    They say actions speak louder than words friend.