Do guys like it when girls chase them?

One of my friends has given me advice to put myself out there more.

Apparently she has the aggressive approach when picking up men, she goes into the frame of mine when she picks up that they all want her. That they want her to chase her.

I keep reading that guys like the chase. As in when they chase the girl. That when the girl chases it scares them away.

When she puts herself out there like that she get rejected sometimes and seems surprised when she does. I tell her, not everyone is going to have the hots for you. Not everyone you are attracted to is gonna be attracted back.

Am I right with this?

Do guys like it when girls go after them like she does?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep in mind that @Roycaryn is a female posing as a male so take her opinion as such.

That said, most guys love being approached by women. It's flattering just as it is for women. We will reject women we're not interested in just like women do too, but we appreciate and respect women who are willing to put themselves out there like that to show interest in us. It has happened to me on a few occasions and I am always flattered.

• Good response. Like that.

What Guys Said 8

• "frame of mind". ... It's "mind".

Anyway, people don't like bullshit, if a woman walks up to a man and says "I want to suck your penis" even implicitly he will oblige.

• This whole "chase" mentality is just extremely offputting. To tell you the truth, most guys don't like being chased nor do they like doing any sort of "chasing." That sort of things has a negative effect on how others perceive you. Of course guys are going to be weirded out by that.

• I thought so.

And you can be attracted to someone that is not attracted to you back. She assumes if she is with someone they always are back.

Really thought that was bad advice that she gave me to. But know better to use my own way to pick up men.

• I can't completely speak for all guys, but from what I've seen, we tend to be open to advances from women. Part of the reason why is because it is tough for many guys to get their time of day, as women tend to be on guard.
    With that said, I like it when a woman is straightforward and aggressive with me. I don't mind initiating an interaction with a girl sometimes, but I would prefer to have it be shared so that I'm not the one who does all the "work".

• Is the girl attractive? That's a plus.
    Is she coming on to us in a friendly, pleasant way? Good too.

Is she gross and/or coming on so strong it's either scary or seems she's got ulterior motives she's terrible at hiding? BAD.

• nope...
    ...
    ...

• Yeah I thought that was really bad advice she gave me. Glad I know better and prefer to take a more relaxed approach. Work out if the guy is giving me the green light to chat instead of heading straight over like she does.

• We love it

• i love how i just speak on behalf of all men. No big deal

• Of course you guys would say yes to that. Haha.

• Uh, that sounds like a blessing lol.

• No, if the girl chases it takes the responsibilty off our shoulders. I'd love it.

What Girls Said 0