What does "serious relationship" mean to you? What about when your about 18?

He's 18 and he basically said he wants to date me and that he's never been in a " serious relationship". What does this mean? Does this imply that he's had some form of unserious relationship or something? I'm going to ask but i'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this. What exactly is a serious relationship for young people?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is he the shy type? usualy means.. I've never had a girlfriend before.. but im not going to say that straight up and seem like a loner.. so I will say never had a serious one, if he is really open and social then probably just never went to the kissing/sex part of a relationship.

• No, he's surprisingly forward compared to most guys in highschool, but he's also not the most social person either. So does that mean he's had a "thing" before that never went anywhere or something? Or that he's never had any sort of relationship?

• It's hard to tell from your words.. sniff it out of him, ask him what her name was.. how long did it last.. if he is hesitating to answer.. most likely never had a relationship and is trying to come up with stuff.

What Guys Said 3

• Ah he's just too arrogant to admit he's never been in a relationship and is inexperienced... So he is just throwing it out there...

• many people are not having a serious relationship so be carefully

• What do you mean by serious relationship? I've never had a bf and just dont get what that really is. Does he want that?

• that means he is treating you like his princess.

• and he is expecting the sane, simply he wants a life long love with you

• Well it's the type of thing a guy who was embarrassed about never having had a girlfriend might say. Alternatively it could mean he's had relationships that just didn't go very far.

What Girls Said 3

• a serious relationship, TO ME, which is any relationship i get into, means "I'm getting into this because i see a future with you. i can see myself marrying you".

if that's not there^^ , it ain't happening. very simple. narrow minded? yes. do i mind? not at all.

• Ok, my thoughts on this are that he may have been in a friends with benefits relationship, or maybe had a girlfriend when he was younger, but doesn't consider it to be a real relationship.

• I think it means he doesn't want to mess up. You're special to him. And he isn't interested in other girls. That's what I think it means.