She asked me out, Age gap too much?

She's 18 I'm 30, she works in a shop I frequent, she flirts in a very obvious manner, last weekend she asked me out for dinner, I told her I'd have to wait after the holiday craziness (excuse) she's 18 I'm 30 is it too big a gap?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a huge maturity gap. Fuck that pussy anyway.

• She's quite mature.

• Huh? Um I don't get it.

• Let's just ignore me forever Collectively.

What Girls Said 6

• If you're interested, I would maybe take her out for coffee or something casual, not a real date, and get to know her real intentions. Maybe she has a crush on you or maybe she just wants to have some fun... young girls can be very fickle. So if you want a relationship, you should clear up things right from the start.

I don't think it's about the age gap, but with just 18 years old, there's a lot of things she doesn't know about life yet.

• If you were say 40 and 52 it wouldn't be so bad but there's a giant maturity difference between an 18 year old and a 30 year old.

• nope its not bad

• Its just a date. Not an one nite stand.

• ummm Yeah I know its a date... I'm sure I said it was. But a date with a 18 year old. A date is a door to other things. If it was a one night stand it wouldn't matter because I'd never see her again.

• Holy shoot, you've already thought about it. I guess she wants your ding dong bad.

she can also spread lies about you if you avoid her after sex.

• No I've not thought about it, I just rationalized between what the two entail. She's a sweet decent girl. I don't expect or would want sex on the first date, I've morals as does she, only the age is what inhibits my decision making.

• No. Why should matter the age so long as you're both legal and attracted to each other

• yeah it's a very huge age gap, unfortunately, i myself would like to date a 30 year old guy, but i don't think it's in our interest, for both of us. maybe physically it's gonna be okay, but then for a serious relationship, it would not be a successful one because of life experience, communication and all, i mean, her mind is not as mature as she would be at 30.

What Guys Said 10

• When I was 32 I met a 20 year old I would have loved to date. She was very mature for her age, was a good person and had good future outlook as far as career and attitude went. I think there are a lot of 18 year olds out there are just as mature and ready for life as 25+ year olds. Not all 18 yo want to be with people their age. Some really enjoy being with older guys who are established in life and know how to treat a woman and are past all that stupid immature partying phase. I know exactly how you feel though about the what-if's later down the road. For me, I never had kids and didn't get married, (I am happily in a Common Law relationship). If she wants marriage and kids but later in life when she is ready you will be pushing 40 and just starting a family. Is that something that you are ok with? I am 40. I plan to retire and really enjoy life sometime between 55-60, not slave my ass off to put some kid through college!!! Something to think about. Is there anyway she doesn't know how old you actually are? You probably look like you are in your lower 20's and so she doesn't realize your actual age, no offence.

• no you'r e both legal

• Date it's fine. If it were to be an LTR, hopefully you two are at the same stage in life (yeah there's a slight possibility, very rare with the ages listed though).

• I'd do it if you think she's attractive. Like even if it didn't last I'm sure it would be a great experience and if it did you would have like... a wife 12 years younger than you. some guys would kill for that lol.

• That's the number I fear 12, dude its a Gap... but I see your point, very true. She is gorgeous actually, she looks like a sexy Velma from Scooby doo.

• Rofl! Yeah, I'd just do it if I was attracted to her. At least I wouldn't regret saying no.

• You're right man regret is a major cunt. Gonna call her today and set it up. If we end up married in 3 years I'm inviting you it'll be a Scooby doo themed wedding, pot brownies and munchies all around.

• FHRITP

Go for it she is probably in just a phase get it in before its too late

• No age gap for anything! If you click then the age gap won't matter and if you dont the age gap is a reason for getting outta there...

Give it a try!

• Dude it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Do it.

• no it isn't

• well it's up to you, but really, are you attracted to her?

• Just a question I hope you won't find offensive but,... are you rich by any chance?

• No my name is Steve not Rich, why?

• Cause I was in a similar situation