Is it wrong for a 28 year old male to date a 16 year old girl?

Just curious, nothing personal.

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as it's legal, I don't think it's necessarily morally wrong.

What Guys Said 18

• Yes. If it was 40 and 28 meh...

But 28 and 16. yes. The 16 year old isn't even on their own, has no idea what life is going to bring, and it still maturing mentally and physically. The 28 year old should already be on whatever path they are going to be on in life. The 16 year old is just now starting theirs.

If they 28 year old really likes the 16 year old, he will step back and let her have her life.

• That will never lead anywhere, the supposed sense of maturity gap is way to far. Its not wrong for them to date (its illegal though) but forget the legality, Nature is what is going to split them apart. so like @Error_204 said... wrong? No, Stupid? Yes.

• If it's okay for both of them, it should be okay for everyone else. Why do you feel the need to step in?

• What's wrong is her father getting jail time for whopping the dude's ass. I have a 16 year old daughter and I wish a 28 year old man would approach me with this fuckery. HULK SMASH all day long or until the cops come knocking

• In a state where it's legal, then it's not "wrong" obviously the lawmakers have had ample time to determine if "Wrong" is a consideration.

• "Wrong?" No.

"Foolish?" Yes.

• People used to get married in their early teens up until the last century or so. I certainly wouldn't date someone that young, though. Adults should date adults.

• Depends where you are

• I respectfully disagree with this

• I don't really think it's right but who am I to judge.

• Short answer yes yes yes
    find someone age appropriate or else get ready to face problems

• Depends on where you live.

• Yes missy that's horrible, that guy has his life together you still figuring out yours. Stay away

• Wow that's disturbing.

• go for it if you wanna... its no biggie

• True! It might be a problem for both ppl's social status!

• Ew no 12 years older in general is too much lol

• Nah that's a little too much, 16 year old hasn't even properly matured yet.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes it is.

• Aren't you from Europe? I thought relationships like these were not uncommon there...

• I think a 16 yo is old enough to know better about relationships. I see them with enough brains, but I see what you are saying.

• @timão ahaha no. A 16 year old is still a child.

• Hmm do you know much about older men?

• That's too huge of an age difference. 16 year olds and 28 year olds are at completely different parts of their lives!

• What do you think?

• Yes it's wrong, perverted to be honest

• Yes, why are you even considering this. She's a child.

• Ummmmm this guy is 13 years older than me
    But we r just friends. I'm 14

• Yes it is wrong. In many places it is also illegal.

A 16 year old girl is still learning about her body and her sexuality. If someone as old as 28 tries to get with her, it sounds like he's just trying to take advantage of her. A 16 year old should be free to explore, learn how to date and how to love and how to have sex with someone her own age - 2 16-year-olds should make mistakes together. Why is the 28 year old preying on her? Is he only attracted to young girls? Sound creepy and pervy. Why can't he get girls his own age?

• Not at all.

• Yes it's called pedophilia darling.

• Actually that would be marrying an 8 or 10 year old.

• I believe there is a separate term for older teenagers vs young children. For what it's worth.

• For sure. And if the guy was 18-19 I'd probably be okay with it.