If I told you I was on steroids would you avoid dating me?

Ok here's the deal. I'm a good guy. Never cheated. Don't do friends with benefits. Not aggressive towards women at all... I'm on steroids. Would you give a guy like me a chance if I had it all under control? Whenever I start back on it I swear women can sense the high levels of testosterone and they come onto me. But if I were to tell a girl that I was "on", I feel like she would turn me away or be scared due to the shaming of steroid use by the media... Like seriously, I hope I can pull a nice girl some day and keep her forever.

Most Helpful Guy

• look the 'roid rage thing isn't a science. there is nothing to suggest that every guy on steroids will become uncontrollably angry. but there is definite science that shows that steroids heavily manipulates hormone levels which can result in anger or sadness, euphoria and depression...

another issue is the addictive factor both physical and mental. prolonged steroid use causes the body to stop make testosterone thus requiring a person to use steroids (physical addiction). the emotional addiction comes from positive emotional feelings and physical improvements one sees and feels when using.

all that said I know that there are people that use steroids responsibly for years. heck steroids are prescribed medications to some people. but the fact is if you don't need it you really shouldn't use it and I think even the most intelligent, rational, thoughtful woman will have concerns about dating a man who is on steroids... BUT there are women out there who will be ok with it so it's just a choice to make. like smoking cigarettes, drinking booze, using marijuana, playing video games or whatever, you may eliminate yourself as a possible partner to some but certainly not all

• i guess this is the realest answer i will get. looks like ill have to build a lot of trust and show good character before i let that secret out. hope i can pull a good girl. i dont like attracting the sketchy kind of girls you meet at clubs.

• yeah just like with anything (cigarettes, weed, drinking, partying, being a vegetarian, being super conservative or liberal etc) using anything or a specific behavior frankly can be stigmatized by some either who don't understand or have negative experiences with it, or just generally are opposed to it. It doesn't mean; however, that there aren't people who are open to a person who uses steroids

What Girls Said 4

• Long term use of steroid can cause health problems :( i would be worried if i like you and might try to convince you to stop taking it

• Yes, I would avoid dating you.

• Why do u need to take it

• I want to be the best I can be inside and out. Started lifting when I was 15. Wanted to bodybuild right away. Didn't matter I was 115lb soaking wet, or that nobody thought I would make progress. I kept at it. Started cycling a month before my 22nd birthday. Am 23 now. I use fertility drugs and anti estrogens. I like to cycle safely

• I won't date

• Yes i would
    Because if I started liking you
    Then I would feel deeply saddened about your steroid usage

• Buy why? If I'm a good person on the inside why does it matter? If I'm already with a grill she's physically attracted to me. If I'm a kind person I feel like it shouldn't matter

• I would want to avoid future sadness
      It's better to be safe then to be sorry

• Damn that sucks...

What Guys Said 7

• First I would never date you - 'roids or not. Second i would wander if 'roids still mess up your boys the way they used to. Third if I were a girl i would wonder why you can't just work out and let the hard work do the pumping, why you needed to be fake.

No offense bro, but really they mess you up and they aren't being true, if you can't be true about that, how is she going to trust you on other things?

• I agreed

• but you don't need it... that's the point. If your body needed, it, it would have been born with it. It is one thing if you have some sort of illness or disease and therefore you need to take drugs... but you don't. You are healthy. You are disciplined. You don't need an extra crutch.

Anyway... we can agree to disagree, but most girls aren't going to be in to it... Best wishes.

• I may not need it to look muscular. But it's helping me achieve what is literally impossible without.

• 1|2
    • I would never hit a girl. Never have

• I don't know... You're in front of a mirror that has the sticker "Beast or Bitch" atop it. That's not exactly flattering or indicative of a kind and gentle heart.

• Surely just by looking at you woman would just assume your on the juice anyway. The majority of heavy lifters in every gym are!

• You would think. But I feel like my personality blunts that thinking because I'm such a softy. It's always a surprise when people find out I guess because they don't know anybody who personally used them and admitted it until now. As introverted as I am. I will be open with the people who are important in my life.

• Roid rage dude

• I think if steroids have been good to you then you shouldn't have any problems dating a girl. Really depends on the girl and her thoughts on steroids since it has been in the media a bad name.

• Is this some sort of... man, bear... pig steroid?

• Why would you use steroids man? Their not Healthy or good for u. Just build the natural way. No need to rush. You can build good solid some in like 10 years. Even if you want to be mr. olympia u shouldn't do them. Most people that use them die from heart attacks :/

• My cholesterol, lipids, resting heart rate, and blood pressure are all low. Not likely in my case

• Oh ok. How long have u been working out for? Also if u use steroids do u still have to drink protein shakes? Lol they taste like shit

• 7 years. I started at 115lbs. Got to 210 naturally. 225 lean now. I buy a ton of whey isolate. It's a much higher quality protein piwder and tastes just like chocolate milk.