Do you break up with your partner in this instance?

Nine times out of ten, would you break up with someone in this situation?

Let's say that you both get along, you enjoy being together, conversations flow easily and you appreciate one another in various of ways... HOWEVER, you know that on some level you just don't "click". You feel in your gut that that person whom everything is going wonderful with, they are just not the one... Relationship is good, sex is great and companionship is nice.

Now I am not saying there are no feelings there, I am proposing that you just feel that they aren't the ONE.

Do you break up with that person? Do you just let it ride out its course? Do you think things will develop in time?

• Break up with them
  • Let it ride go its course
  • I believe things will develop in time

Most Helpful Guy

• how long have you been with them?
    what honestly do you feel is missing?

if it's only been a short period of time I'd say see if things can develop; however if you've been with them a while months or so then you may need to cut ties

but it seems to me that you should be able to at least kinda sorta put your finger on what you feel is lacking. do you lack similar interests? lack common values or goals? do you not find them especially attractive?

my final question would be what is your relationship history like, especially most recent relationships?

What Guys Said 3

• Hmm. Hard one. With everything that is good like that I would feel like I am throwing too much away.

• Someone asked a similar "real life situation" question like this. For them I said cut ties. If everything is cool, but there's a sort of empty feeling like something is missing to make you feel sparks or whatever, then why prolong the inevitable. Cause at that point the person is jus a really good friend that you just so happen to be sleeping with.

• If you feel like he/she is not the one you need to ask yourself why you feel that way. If there's no reason, who says it's his problem. You could be like that with every guy after him too.

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't see a future with the person you're with, then there's no reason to stay with them in my opinion.

• You haven't met your 'one' yet! When you do you will know

• Oh, it was just a general speaking question. I feel like many people hold on to things even when it isn't meant to be. Or people just take others feelings into consideration more that their own to where they feeling that they are sparing the other person when in turn it hurts them. That other persons one could be right there waiting for them...

You know?

• Ok, I'd still say that the guy isn't right for you and what 'isn't right' will bug you if you stayed.

• Thank you for your opinion :)