GUYS!! Is this a guy thing?

Is it a guy thing to not to respond to texts? I text my boyfriend on kik and i can see that bold D ( meaning he opened the app but not the convo) he talkes to me but never seem to continue a convo just disappears ( which is annoying) my father does this too he reads and NEVER responds
So basically i don't want to be that annoying girlfriend so am I supposed to be angry or worried?
P. S we known each other for almost a year now.

He actually texts back but takes a long time too

014

Most Helpful Guy

• The bold D means that the app is running, it doesn't mean that he opened the app, the S signals whether it was sent, the D signals that it successfully got a response from the host, and the R signals that the conversation is open ( NOT that it was read ) so... he just never signs out.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 13

• Yeah, although the D means delivered only, not read he probably has read it. This guy your texting is probably reading it and not responding immediately to make himself look cool as in he has a lot or messages and doesn't check his messages that often.
    With your dad it may just be cos he isn't good with the phone or he just legitimately not read it.

Hope this helps

• You mean delivered not read right?

• Yeah, that's what I said. The D means delivered, but it only goes to R when they actually open the message. He can still see the message from the kik home screen thingy where you click to view the messages from each person. He has probably read it and is making you wait, sort of in suspense and to make him seem less desperate really. If that makes sense. The D means delivered to his phone, and only goes to R when he has opened the message. But he can technically see and read it without opening the message, meaning that tk would stay on the D.
      So yeah he I did say the D means delivered however he can still have read it even if it says D by just reading it from the home screen or notification.
      Yeah he is taking a long time to respond to make him look cool and less desperate so in that sense, it's kind of normal for him or even anyone who may be interested in you. That's probably a bit forward but it's truth

Hope this helps

• Yaa thank you

• It's not a guy thing. It's a "certain type of guy" thing. I imagine there are some girls that do this too.

• It depends. Some guys don't answer, I always answer. I just stop answering when I don't know what to answer or when I feel the conversation is over. Or when I'm busy, but when I'm busy I try to answer later.

• Guys generally don't care about the things girls are interested in talking about. So this stuff happens.

• C'mon, don't have yourself thinking you're annoying.. Look, everyone can be different. A guy like me responds immediately most of the time (because I'm a loner). But, I'd say that they're probably just busy people and maybe don't follow up on such apps. Try communicating in a different way (like texting or maybe calling) and see if they would respond faster. And let your mind speak. Let them know that you're trying to reach out. Otherwise you'll make yourself believe things that aren't true :)

• guys might do it if they are just annoyed or don´t even care to reply, because they don´t like you. just use common sense here : would someone not answer, if he is interested in a conversation?

• Calm down. Give it time. I'm 35 and texts were just starting to come "online" when I was in college. People will respond when they have time.

Stop "looking for the pellet."

• If he understands, then he may not feel a need to text back. Girls are driven by communication, guys aren't.

• Yes. It is totally normal. Don't worry I for one am famous for doing this to people.

• I always respond to texts.

• It is not a guy thing. Women do it A LOT too.

• Its not bothersome too us, but sometimes we are just busy are have nothing too say

• It's a shit person thing not to reply to texts for the sake of it. Tbh my phone is always in my pocket and if my missus texts me then I get back to her asap, maybe not right away if I'm busy or whatever, but pretty promptly. I don't think it's a guy thing, it's a twit thing!

What Girls Said 0