Dating a Senior and I'm a Sophomore; Is it weird?

Okay so I'm 15 and I'm a Sophomore. I've known my friend Chris for almost 2 years now, since freshman year. We've been close since day 1. We connected immediately, we've been thinking about dating for a year and recently we just started dating. But the thing is that he's a senior. He's going to turn 18 before I turn 16. I wanted to know if it was weird and how should I go about it with my parents, they know of him and know we hang out but only when it's group of our friends. I would love to tell my parents but their sorta strict. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know this guy way better than any of us on here. So trust your instincts there. As far as the age difference... not a big deal most likely. Again, trust your instincts but you're probably just as mature as he is.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, don't hide things from your parents. Do the opposite! It's awesome your parents are involved in your life and realize they have your best interests in mind and want to be happy about the things that make you happy if life.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• High school makes 2 years seem like 20. It's fine.

• Not at all, girls always feel attracted for some one "experienced" just be careful and make sure he's not a player

• I have, he's been nothing but great so far. From what I know and seen, he's only had 1 serious girlfriend and they never had sex. It's almost to good to be true.

• then, you should go ahead, i guess that age is important in a relationship, but it sometimes it becomes in just a simple number, values is what should matter

What Girls Said 1

• 2 years is a very small age difference. Plus, usually guys a couple years older are around the same maturity level as you. Most of the guys my age aren't at the same level yet mentally.