Can a couple broken up still cuddle?

My girlfriend and I broke up. We were best friends before dating and want to be best friends still. Is it possible? Would it still be acceptable to cuddle and kiss without dating?

We didn't break up because we hate each other, just needed to bring our relationship to a more casual level.

61

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't make your ex gf into your friend with benefits. If I break up with my bf, who we were also close friends before dating, I wouldn't even wanna see his face.

• Why is that? I just want to understand.

• Ok. That makes sense. Thank you.

• Your welcome

What Girls Said 5

• Not a good idea. You need to either be friends or be dating. Things get unnecessarily complicated when you start getting into the grey area crap when it comes to relationships. Pretty much just think about how you treat any other normal friend you have (such as a guy friend) and apply that to your friendship with her. Do you cuddle with and kiss your other friends, or otherwise act very affectionate with them? I doubt it.

Also don't go into denial and claim to be "just friends" if in fact either of you still have feelings for the other. Friendship with her will only truly work if both you truly are absolutely done with each other romantic-wise and have totally zero relationship-y feelings. Otherwise it's not a true friendship. It's the friendzone.

• If you still like them it won't help you get over them. In fact it will make it much WORSE. I'd say if you two want to be friends, you may need some time apart first

• It depends on why you broke up

• No. Cuddling will bring it to more than just a casual level for one of you making it awkward.

• Depends on the breakup but probably not a good idea.

What Guys Said 1

• Well from a purely platonic friendship point of view cuddling and kissing bw friends is a bit weird. I believe that exes can truly be friends under exceptional circumstance... so you may want to ask her if there are other issues involved.