Girls: Hypothetically, would you date someone similar to me?

Blonde hair, blue eyes, athletic, work out every other day, have a college degree, stable job, make over $50,000/yr as an engineer, 24 years old, starting quarterback in high school, also junior prom king, relatively outgoing but more introverted as of late focusing on my career, I'm about 5'9", don't smoke, do drink, not a player type, more interested in deep connections, had several serious girlfriends in the past but cut that off to focus on studies and my career so I'm a little rusty in the dating game, fairly confident in myself, sarcastic sense of humor, etc? Just curious to see if this is appealing to girls or what areas of myself I needs to work on.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. The high school info actually sounds like a big ego. Like a brag. I was and still am a gamer chick. Most guys I have dated with that kind of ego has cheated witch is a big no. Who cares if you were a big shot in high school that time is gone and over. Who are you NOW. That's what matters. If you tone that down a notch it might change to a maybe getting to know you. You never know how a woman might respond though everyone is different. Remember a big ego is different than being confident.

• So one sentence effectively determined your whole opinion of me? I've never cheated on anyone and never would. Not all ex jocks are tools :). Sorry you have that opinion.

• Understandable, it's just another thing I can learn from and maybe not mention until comfortable enough with whoever I'm interested in that I don't believe it will negatively impact her perception of me. Once again, sorry that you were wronged and hope you were able to overcome it.

• Thank you and I'm sure I will overcome it once I meet a man who is honest with me. I hope you find a wonderful woman to be with as well. Best Luck.

What Girls Said 5

• You seem like a guy who peaked in high school by listing off your "achievements" from those days, so it's a hard pass from me.

• I didn't at all. My brightest days are in front of me. But I guess that's what people are getting out of that description. Poorly worded on my part.

• nope sorry.

• Any reason why?

• "starting quarterback in high school, also junior prom king"

that part didn't seem necessary to me, I don't know I was more of a rocker/partier in high school. I just find the "jock" types kind of boring because I'm into creative guys, musicians, deep thinkers, etc. Just not my type, really. You seem nice though.

• I respect that. Not sure why I threw that in, it really doesn't define me at this point in my life. Probably an ego thing on my part I need to move on from truthfully. That said, who I was at 18 isn't even close to who I am now. Actually helpful insight, so thank you either way.

• Hypothetically, maybe. But I still don't know if you chew loud or all the other small stuff. Ayee

• haha yeah, tough to get into that much detail in one of these. Thanks though :)

• Most likely not.

• Reason?

• I mean you don't really have to mention it but why not? It's who you are and you said you aren't like all the other jocks so you shouldn't leave it out. Yeah it might turn off some people but no one can really determine who you are unless they get to know you first.

• Either way this is all helpful, I haven't really tried to date anyone in a while so it's good to get up to speed on what will be generally disliked things that maybe I should only mention if asked when someone is comfortable with me and we're past the phase where a first impression may kill a girl's perspective of me.

• I would like to. no smoking, no dating game, these are Very attractive to me.

What Guys Said 1

• If you are listing off your HS achievements and you're fucking 24 your dating resume blows ass.

• It was more of a way of showing that I wasn't a total dweeb in hs, like some engineers

• Agreed, it's not like I go around introducing myself to people like this... LOL, but I actually respect your insight, maybe less caffeine next time? Getting pretty passionate over a relatively straightforward question.

• I don't even remember what the question was.