Would it be a weird if a girl said 'thank you' after they rejected you?

Say you approached a woman you liked and she had a boyfriend. She declined the date and said something like "thank you though."
Would that be weird or would it confirm that she wasn't lying about having a boyfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• no because that girl would just be being polite, or showing she was flattered, but mostly showing she is polite

What Guys Said 3

• i am not sure that confirms anything. I think the best way to reject someone is just to say "Thank you for asking, but i have a boyfriend." And then leave it at that.

• Well, regardless if she's lying or not a "no" is a "no". I'd just accept it and move on to the next chick. A no followed by a thank you doesn't really matter at that point.

• Yes. I can see how it is "polite", but it is rather weird. Especially as the boyfriend thing is lame.

What Girls Said 1

• She probably just being polite and doesn't want to cause an issue with the guy so that their relationship remains civil as some guys dont take rejection well so she is trying to watch her words