How much time does a man have before he gets friendzoned?

I seem to be completely lost on this one. So what would be the window of opportunity for a man to express romantic interest, between the time he first meets her and that awful moment when the woman buries him in the dreaded friendzone?

I know that different women have different lengths of time that they allow the man to make a move, after which they friendzone him. I have heard some women say they won't wait longer than a few days, while at the other extreme some women are willing to wait for years before they friendzone the man. But what would be a rough estimate which could be considered 'reasonable' for most women?

If the man makes a move early he gets labeled a creep for making a move too fast without knowing much about the woman (which usually translates to the woman believing he only wants to have sex with her). And if he takes some time, he is put in the friendzone.

So what's your deal, ladies? Men are most welcome to answer as well!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know within a couple minutes if I am attracted to you and willing to try to start a relationship. After a day or so of talking to you I can fully decide if I want to date or keep you as a friend. As for as long as I would wait it would depended on how much I was interested.

• So after this 'initiation period' of 2 days, do you let him know upfront that you are not interested romantically in him, or do you just stay silent about it and let him figure it out himself?

• I personally prefer the man to ask me out I'm old fashioned that way. I flirt a whole lot when im interested and I try to intonate some from of "date" such as going to the movies then out to eat. As for the "Will you be my girlfriend" I like the men to do that it makes is so much more romantic and sweet to be asked out. Makes us feel good that someone likes us. I know it makes a man feel good to be asked out as well but for me he must be giving me so many signals before I ask him out. But as I have said in so many posts every woman is different and you might find one who prefers to ask you out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women decide within the first 24 hours whether or not you are fuckable. True story

• In that case, if there are no positive signs from the woman within the first 24 hours of meeting her, then it would be best to stop considering her as a potential partner and move on, right?

• You got it man! Keep those spirits up and you'll be knee deep in love in no time :P

• Hehe thanks! :)

What Girls Said 4

• About 2 seconds. I know instantly if it's chemistey and physical attraction. Without those things, you'll always be a friend to me

• In that case, how can the man determine if you are attracted to him or not? After those 2 seconds do you tell him upfront that you will never be attracted to him, or would you leave him to figure that out (which obviously means having having false hopes and finally getting heartbroken)?

• @Nuns_in_heat

What if she finds him creepy for making the move too early, and so concludes that he 'only wants sex' because he asked without knowing much about her?

• Then she thinks too much.
      I'll let her answer your questions. I don't want to hijack her opinion. That's just my 2 cents.

• I would know pretty quickly.

• A lot of time, there is attraction she can work with or there isn't. Showing interest helps speed along sorting this out with her so you can move on accordingly. Guys get stuck in the friendzone mainly when they hover around girls they have a feeling aren't interested in them hoping to change their mind. C

• So if you aren't aren't attracted to a guy and you are sure that will never change, would you be upfront in letting him know?

• I think practicing getting out of your comfort zone will help a lot. Also, regular exercise increases circulating testosterone making you feel more confident and giving off manly pheromones.

• Thanks a lot, I'll try to incorporate your advice in my life!

• I think some guys are inherently in the friend zone with certain women- if the girl sees you as a brother (has known you that long) it's pretty hard to get out of. But meeting a woman for the first time? Be bold and confident and compliment her and that might help her see you in a romantic light.

• Thanks for the sound advice! :)

What Guys Said 2

• It's rare that timing makes any difference. In 95% of cases she's interested or not interested from the first five minutes and you're just delaying finding out which it is till later.

It's only if you're right on the edge that not flirting early on might tip you from 'maybe' to 'just friends'.

But most of the time it doesn't matter.

In any case you should flirt immediately. and take it from there.

• Excellent response, which makes perfect sense!

• 17 hours and 32 minutes, 35 minutes if you're in India

• Hehe, I'm neither from Fiji nor India!