Broke up with boyfriend 3 days ago and he says he's already over me?

I broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago because the last month I felt neglected and not a priority to him. I love him though so it's been hard. He called me once and sent me a text saying he wanted me in his life and I was mistaken to think otherwise. I texted him yesterday about all my feelings but he says he doesn't know if we can go on. I'm so torn. I really love and miss him. I just wanted him to come talk to me in person or show some effort on his half and now he's saying he's over it already? It's been 3 days. How can he be over me already? We've been together for 6 months and communication has always been an issue for us that I got sick of bringing up and that's what caused me to break up with him because it seemed like he just wanted to be single.

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 days? Highly doubt that. Fastest it takes me is a couple of weeks. But as for whether or not you should move on... yes, you should. If communication was a serious problem, the relationship was doomed anyway. You're doubting yourself, when in truth you made that call for a good reason. Time to worry about you for awhile.

What Guys Said 7

• I highly doubt he's truly over you already. He's saying that to protect himself, a defense mechanism so he doesn't get hurt. He just one upped you.

• Ok but I'm not worried about who's "winning" I want him back. I broke up with him because he wasn't putting me as a priority. I think there's still potential though. I Was his first girlfriend. I thought maybe if I left it would shake some sense into him. ( I tried talking to him before about it but he never changed) Now he's all defensive and I just wanted to figure out what we both needed to change in order to have a heathier relationship. I haven't talked to him since Saturday but he checks up on my snaps as soon as I post them. so maybe I just need to give him time? We were friends before we dated so it's not as easy to walk away when we have all mutual friends. Or maybe I should just move on from him? Thoughts?

• I want him to man up but he's never really had to before. He's super awkward and never had a gf before so he probably will try not to get hurt. My friend said he made a status yesterday saying "die like a tire or live like a pu**y" I don't know if that's supposed to mean anything other then his car obsession lol

• "Die like a tiger then live like a pus*" she wrote it wrong haha still I don't know if that was supposed to mean anything, positive or negative

• He may not want to be with you but he isn't over you either. That was just something hurtful for him to say. If communication was a problem then it always will be. You can do better

• A lot of guys "get over the girl" quickly, but then a month later he's going to be in ruins, it always happens.

• He probably is over you. But, he could just be saying that to get the reaction you are giving with this question. He doesn't want to sound like a pussy and say "I miss you so much to, I made a huge mistake". It's also competitiveness, if he admits he misses you, then that means you win, since you broke up with him.

• he is giving off very mixed feelings

• that is why you don't play mind games with guys, you broke up with him so he thinks you don't want to be together. He is moving on

• If it's meant to be, then it will happen

What Girls Said 7

• He's lying. Nearly every guy after a breakup will try hard to get you back and when he realises it's not working, he'll change his tone to protect his pride he "lost" in trying to get you back. He'll flip the whole game onto you to make it look like he was just manipulating you the whole time when in fact he wasn't, he's just getting sour. He's not over you, but you shouldn't care. Focus on yourself in moving on!

• Prior to break up I believe you have given a deep thought to your decision. If u have decided on it then dont look back. He js like playing some mind games and want tobe in control of u, like another user had said. Just let him go...
    If a person truly is over another he wldnt say it out.

• He only said that to make you feel bad. He clearly wants you back, but can't and now he's just trying to make you upset by making you think hd doesn't care. When infact, he dies.

• He's trying to show you that he's fine without you. I doubt that he has moved on already.

• If he was over you he wouldn't have to tell you this. Actually he wouldn't contact you at all.

• I contacted him. I initiated the conversation. He says he has to think If we can get back together

• Still applies. He'd simply ignore you. He is however wanting to be In control of you. I'd run personAlly

• If he wasn't willing or able to put in the effort it's not worth it.

• If he's already over it, then he may of not been too strongly attached, or maybe there was too much bickering involved that drove him away anyway.

• We never bickered. Never even fought. I was his first girlfriend but I think you're right about him not being too attached. I couldn't break through to him, which is why I broke up with him because I got frustrated. I was his first gf he's 24. So he always told me he really liked me. Just wouldn't show it

• Exactly! Three days ago he said he wanted me in his life. Yesterday he starts off saying he's "over me" then says "he cAres about me but doesn't know if we can go on" then says he has to think about trying it again. I said If he has to think about being with me only 3 days after breaking up then that says enough (it's really over then) I don't know what to do. He's a really wonderful man just sucks with communication. He's super shy around me. I was going to drop off his Christmas presents later today on his porch but I also don't want to come off desperate.

• It's not coming off as desperate. It's showing you still care enough to give him the gifts you bought him. It may be a good time for him to catch you while you're there so hopefully you guys can talk it out.