Would you date a guy who was the same height or an inch shorter than you?

It seems like it is just a complete turn off to most women. If a guy who was in that range (same height to an inch shorter) asked you out, and he was otherwise attractive, would you go out with him? If you didn't know each other that well, just had a few friendly conversations.

• Sure, why not.
  • Probably not.
  • Absolutely not.
  • No. I would only date a guy like that if I already knew he had an amazing personality.
  • See answers

Most Helpful Girl

• My guy is two inches shorter, and I never even think about it.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't even think I would notice the difference between my height and an inch shorter.

• Height isn't an issue for me so yes I would date all heights

• Yep. Height isn't a big deal to me. I've dated guys my height, and one guy who was 6'5. It didn't bother me.

What Guys Said 4

• I love all these "amazing personalities" throw-ins that people always add whenever anyone falls short of the average in any department.

To be clear, I'm 5'6'' and 120lbs. But even I see that it's kind of silly to imply that everyone who falls short in some category has an amazing personality/great with his hands/blah-blah whatever. It is possible for someone to fall short and be a shitty person.

Though that little rant aside, some people can't look past it physically, others there just is a lack of attraction that they can't help, others still there is a lack of sexual compatibility because of that. But the fact is, if it's a dealbreaker for that woman, why would you want to be with her?

• The thing is, that the vast majority of women do not give the shorter guys a chance in the first place. It's ridiculously difficult to find a partner who is willing to overlook (pun intended) the fact that I am short. I am yet to find a girl who is willing to spend any more than a single night with me.

• It's funny. about a year ago I asked a girl out who is maybe half and inch to and inch taller. She rejected me, I do not know why as I didn't ask, but till this day she uses the fact that I asked her out as a social qualifier with other women. I take this to mean she saw me as attractive or desirable but for one reason or another decided against dating me. Maybe it was because of my height, I don't know.

• I could cope.

• This study with 470 girls had 48.9% that only wanted to date guys taller than them.
    news.rice.edu/.../

• That "study" was done by "collected data from Yahoo! dating personal advertisements. Second, we used answers to open-ended questions in an online survey". Doesn't sound particurly credible lol. I bet gender isn't even confirmed. According to that "13.5 percent of the men wanted to date only women shorter than they are" which is hard for me to believe.

• The gender of the voters in the poll of this question aren't confirmed either, asker still asked. I'm just offering more information, no need to get all insecure and defensive about it.