What exactly do you say to ask a girl out?

I'm fucking bad at this, as can be shown by my lifelong lack of a girlfriend. There's a girl I wanna ask out and we work together, but we're almost never scheduled at the same time anymore so I rarely see her. But she seems to like me enough, and I definitely like her. I'd have to ask her out over text though.

So what exactly should I text her? Word for word.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ask her out dude. Seriously... I'm not trying to give you bad advice.

Girls at your age require a lot less imagination. When they get older chances are you're going to have to impress the shit out of them by holding down a 6-figure salary and whatnot... but not with High School girls.

I'd actually find out from other people if she has a boyfriend before asking her out. Facebook... asking other coworkers... whatever. Then ya you can text her. But beware some chicks don't like that. They'd rather you ask her out over the phone or in person.

Now, when you do ask her out just ask her out. Then say sorry that you didn't ask her in person like you wanted to, it's just that you two never see each other at work. Done Deal. It's her decision at that point.

• Yeah, but I'm looking for the exact wording. I'm probably over thinking it but I wanna know EXACTLY how people phrase it.

If I do happen to see her in person sometime soon, then what should my phrasing be then?

• LMAO I know you're looking for EXACT phrasing... I just avoided it on purpose. Yes, you are over thinking it.

The thing with asking chicks is that you just have to ask. There's no special way. Either they like you or they don't. You can be a complete dumb ass and they'll still say yes. When I tell you to ask her out just say, "Hey, do you want to go out on Friday?" That's it. Done. "Sorry I didn't ask you in person..." - if you text her.

If you see her at work just be natural. Do your normal thing, ask her how she's been... if she's been busy... "wow really? cool. Well Hey, maybe I can make the week even cooler by taking you out this Friday" I know it probably sounds like gold to you... and maybe it is, I've been told I'm a flirt without really knowing how but yeah, that's it.

What Girls Said 3

• Would you like to meet up sometime soon? Say Starbucks?

coffee's on me :D.

• Doesn't really matter how you say it. Just be casual about it. Make sure she knows it s you though. Might be awkward if she doesn't recognize who is asking her out ;)

• tell her how u feel and ask her out :) good luck

What Guys Said 10

• Okay, you have her number... firstly, how long after you got her number did you proceed to text her? If you haven't texted her yet, wait a few days. Eg. if you got her number on a Thursday, contact her the following Monday. And try to set a date for during the week, unless you have no choice but to arrange it for a weekend. Don't hold a conversation on the phone, merely let it go something like this:

You: "Hey (girl's name), how's it going?"
    Girl: "Hey, good and u?"
    You: "It's going better than it is with you. I would love to see you, when are you free?"

If her answer is anything but a yes or a given day on which she is free, tell her to give you a call when her schedule clears up and end the conversation. And then don't contact her until she does, or until a week later, where you repeat it (but change it up a bit so you're more spontaneous.) If the answer is the same as before, give her the same answer and this time, wait for HER to contact YOU, at which point you respond and set up a date. Keep the conversation for off the phone, otherwise you'll get bored and run out of things to say or ask her on the date.

If she gives you a day that she is free, respond with: "Great! I'll pick you up at 7, what's your address?" or something on the lines of that. And KEEP CALLS AND TEXTING ONLY FOR ARRANGING DATES. keep the conversation for when you see her. I made that mistake far too many times, and i've only now realized why i kept getting friendzoned after 3 or 4 dates by girls who have had a high initial attraction to me... Because i over pursued with texting too much.

• I've known her since some time in the summer when she started working with me. I don't know exactly when I got her number but its easier with coworkers at a grocery store job cause you can just say you need it to ask if they can trade shifts, etc.

I don't do the traditional "find random pretty girl, get number, wait, ask out". I like to get to know girls, but then since I'm an unknowledgeable over thinking pussy I've never asked out any girl. I have a few female friends this way that I still see as potential dates but... I don't know. I just never take action.

I think itd be quite odd to call rather text though... I never see teens calling each other ever.

• Calling displays confidence in yourself, which if she is attracted to you, will cause her attraction and interest to go up. And you say you want to get to know a girl first, i get that. I did that to, and i still do it. But one of the things i've learned, and am still learning, is that by keeping the conversations off of texting/calling, you end up with more to say and ask when you do see her. It also increases her anticipation, because she'll be thinking "when is he going to call, is he going to call. Maybe i know someone who knows him, so i can get his number and call him." All of this, increases her anticipation for your contact, which results in an increase in attraction. She begins to emotionally invest in you, and when that happens, she begins to pursue you. And when's she's pursuing you, she can't reject you.

It's a fear that needs to be overcome in order to successfully get a girlfriend. That's why so called "jerks" get the girls, because this is what they do...

• "Would you like to go out? No? Oh shit."

• So I can just be that vague and say "wanna go out?" Not even a "hey" or a "... go out sometime?"

• Haha okay. She's very humorous though and that's a big reason why I like her so much.

• Just be straight forward about it. If you must go in circles because you're nervous then be sure to go in concentric circles so as to not confuse.

• "Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzM71scYw0M

• We should go to Kentucky Fried Chicken and later you can give me head.

• me? ijust... walk on by XD

• @linkywinky hey wanna go out?

• "Would you like to go out to (activity or event)?"

• Hey ___ do you want to catch a bite to eat/movie sometime? Make it as nonchalant as possible.

• So, just out of the blue, "hey A wanna go eat food sometime?" I wouldn't really ever say something like catch a bite...

Should I be as vague as possible, like not even mention the day at first?

• Ya when she says yes then you start planning it out. You don't have to say it word for word, but keep it chill (don't make it a big deal). Its fine if its out of the blue if you talk to her regularly in person.

• yes yes I also want to know how to ask a girl for a date ha ha, u n I have the same story ha ha
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1270190-girls-there-is-a-girl-at-my-workplace-she-is-really-beautiful-i

• "I think we should do such and such together". She'll probably say "like a date" or something like that. You say yes, of course. Have a place that you want to go to ready and have a couple of other options ready in case she's not thrilled about your number one choice. That's all it takes. You just have to have the go damn balls to do it. She says no, don't worry about it, plenty of other fish in the sea, right?

• Yeah but she's a rare kind of fish.

• I don't know man she's cute but I'm not one of those who just crushes on every cutie.

• Why get hung up on one girl. If she says no, she's not worth your time